part 5 || i'm spending the night

Hinata was really nervous. Really fucking nervous. He got a text back from Kozume, but he just couldn't open it. What if it consisted all the hatred for Hinata? What if he said 'don't care' or something? Hinata would cry and never show his face in public again. Hinata may be like twenty two now, but he's still as emotional as ever. With one last breath, Hinata looked at his phone.

Kozume Kenma
New apartment buildings next to the Takahashi Hotel. 907. Come thru.

Did Hinata read that right?

In anyway, Hinata jumped from his bed, changing into some gray sweatpants, a gray hoodie, and a red shirt over it. He's been doing this in the United States, and liked the style of it. Hinata pulled his socks on, grabbed his charger, his phone and his keys, and was about to head out, but he stopped to write a note for his mom that he was at Kozume's apartment and he apologizes for taking her car, but he only did because he knows that she has no work tomorrow. He pulled his shoes on, and quietly left, locking the doors behind him.
As Hinata pulled out of his mother's parking spot, he sped off without even realizing that he left the house already.

Kozume just smiled at the text he sent, knowing that Hinata either fell asleep, or is on his way over. Kozume got up from his bed, and walked into his kitchen to prepare Hinata's favorite tea. He enjoyed it as well, but he wouldn't really drink it without Hinata around. He still bought the tea when Natsu came over to visit him from time to time, claiming that even tho Kozume and Hinata don't talk, Kozume is still her nii-chan. It always made Kozume smile. He didn't have any siblings himself, so experiencing Natsu's kindness and care made him treasure her much more than she believed he did. Kozume was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door.

Hinata was brimming with happiness. Kozume just sent him his address, but Hinata knew that it meant that Kozume missed him too. He knew that it meant that Kozume wants to see him. As he sped down the half empty streets of Tokyo, Hinata finally saw the big sign of the hotel Kozume mentioned, and drove slower when turning into the neighborhoods of the apartment buildings. He parked his mom's car into the visitor parking lot, walked into the apartment building. The front desk worker looked up and smiled at him, before letting her face drop,

"I-I'm sorry, but are you Hinata? Hinata Shōyō? The volleyball player who went to United States for university?" She spoke, quite unsure of her question.
"What is your name?" Hinata asked.
"My name is Smith Aiko," she answered, knowing her last name is non traditional, since it was english, not japanese.
"Well, Smith Aiko, yes I am. Thank you for speaking to me. See you!" Hinata waived as he ran off to the elevators, and pressing the number 9 when he got inside. He didn't mind being recognized most of the time, but now he's on his way to Kozume, and he would love nothing more than to just be Hinata Shōyō. Not recognized, just little, plain, old Hinata.

The elevator dinged, causing Hinata to look up from where he was looking, and walk out onto the ninth floor. He walked to the door that has 907 on it, and lifted his hand to knock, but he couldn't quite do it. He was so nervous. His Kozume, his best friend, is behind that door. Just on the other side. Before Hinata even realized what he did, he knocked on the door. He froze in his spot. What the hell is he going to do when Kozume opens that door? Apologize? And the time to think was cut short, because Kozume opened the door.

Kozume jogged to the door as soon as he heard the knock. He couldn't contain his smile, but he had to breathe in and out before he could even open the door. How would this go? Who is going to talk first? What is going to happen? Is he going to sleep here? Well, in all honesty, probably because it was already very late, and he just landed today. With one last deep breath, Kozume opened the door.

There, in front of him, stood a giant, to say the least. His face was smiling ever so slightly, with one of the hands in his pocket, and the other holding a small plastic bag. None of that mattered, however, because they just stood there for a moment, not saying anything.

"Shōyō."
"Kenma."

That was all Kozume needed to hear to just embrace Hinata. Hinata tied his hands around Kozume's waist with no hesitation, and they just held eachother in that embrace for a long time. Hinata could feel hot tears on his neck, and in response to that he just walked into Kozume's apartment and locked the doors behind them. Hinata's eyes also began tearing up as soon as he felt Kozume's tears. He was so stupid for not reaching out. Hinata knew Kozume felt the same way.

"I'm spending the night," Hinata spoke first.
"Of course," Kozume answered as if it was common sense.
They separated from the hug reluctantly. This time around, Kozume had to look up at Hinata.
"You grew," Kozume said with a smile, his face still a little flushed from the tears that were running down cheeks. Hinata smiled and nodded, but didn't even respond. Instead, he kissed Kozume's forehead, since his hair was tied back, and laid his head onto Kozume's shoulder again.

"I missed you so much, Neko-chan."
"I missed you more, Sho-chan."

After a while, they were sitting on the chairs by Kozume's kitchen, drinking Hinata's favorite tea, and snacking on some cookies Kozume loved. They've caught up on just about everything. They've been talking for hours, it was 4 AM now, but they could still go talking to each other. It was just their energy together. But now, Hinata wanted to ask Kozume some questions that he wanted to know the answers to, but knowing Kozume, he might not tell him right away.

"So, Kenma, have you found a girlfriend yet? A boyfriend?" Hinata wiggles his eyebrows at his best friend, earning a slap on the shoulder and a laugh from Kozume.
"I didn't date anyone seriously. I had this little thing with this girl though, her name was Manami Chiaki. Didn't last." Kozume said, sipping the tea that he made.
"What? Why? Sounds like a cute name." Hinata asked puzzled at Kozume's statement.

"She was just too much. Always wanted to be in my house, so because she annoyed me I never showed her my real apartment. She doesn't know where I live, but she definitely knows where Bokuto lives." Kozume said laughing.
"You threw him under the bus? How rude Kenma." Hinata said laughing.

"Hey, it's getting very late. Let's go to bed? I'll give you some clothes to sleep in." Kozume looked at Hinata for approval of his proposal, and Hinata just nodded. Both got up, and walked to Kozume's bed room, and Hinata witnessed the led lights Kozume put up. Kozume put those up two years ago because he remembered Hinata saying they looked really cool. He's had them ever since he bothered to put them up. Hinata just smiled, and walked to Kozume's bed, while Kozume was looking for some oversized bottoms and an oversized shirt for Hinata to sleep in. He ended up finding an old pair of oversized navy bottoms, and a white muscle tee.

Hinata put them on in front of Kozume, which make Kozume's heart skip a bit, for some unknown reason. Hinata folded his clothes neatly, and set them on the gaming chair Kozume had in his room. Hinata turned around, and in Kozume's head, the turn was very slow, because he had time to see every muscle on his arms, and every muscle lining Hinata's back. He had time to see the abs under the muscle tee, and at the same time he had time to see all the chest muscles Hinata worked for. This all just concluded one thing, Kozume still has some type of crush on Hinata.