13

"Thanks for the lift, Max." I smiled and got off the car, shutting the door behind me.

"No problem! See you at school!" He waved before driving away.

Thankfully, the night didn't turn out depressing. It was actually fun talking candidly with someone. I even made a new friend. I could just lie down and sleep with these happy atmosphere but I first had to charge my phone because it died the moment I ate some midnight snacks with Max. Chan probably left me some message already.

I quietly entered my apartment but what greeted me isn't just my two siblings but also the guy who was MIA for the most part of tonight. My siblings were lying down on the bed and Chan sat on the small sofa, visibly asleep, his phone tightly gripped in between both of his hands.

I quietly tip toed my way to the bathroom but as usual, my sharp and attentive brother woke up. "Sis, where were you?" He asked, stifling a yawn. He carefully got up from the bed and walked over to me. "I thought you two had a date? Why did he come here looking for you?"

I shushed him. "Go back to bed." I whispered, wincing at the sudden headache I felt.

"Hyung was really worried about you. He spent two hours trying to contact you." My brother's brows curled down, obviously displeased at my behavior. It was kind of touching to see him act like the mature one and from his reaction, I could see that he already accepted Chan as someone important to us. But then his narrowed eyes suddenly widened shock flashed in his face. "No way. Don't tell me you went on a date with another guy?" He whisper-shouted. The situation kind of made my head ache even more and to be honest, all I wanted to do was lie down and sleep it off. He turned to Chan with a look of pity and when he looked back at me, he had a face full of disbelief.

"Who went on a date with who?" A groggy voice of Chan finally halted my quiet conversation with my brother. "I see, you're back..." He rubbed his eyes off any form of sleepiness and forced himself up. He tried to hide it but I clearly saw a pout and even a hint of disappointment. Chan was such a baby... A big baby... Just seeing his face made me feel at ease and my head ache to disappear. I almost want to cuddle with him and forgive him for making me wait hours for him.

I felt a smile try to rise to my lips so I turned around and went to the mini kitchen. "Are you hungry? Did you eat dinner?" I asked Chan.

"Not yet... I could have if you read my messages." He said the last part under his breath. Though my back was turned towards him, I could see him pout. It was pretty obvious he was whining about it.

"What do you like to eat? Should I make a fried rice? Or ramyun?" I asked further, checking the fridge and the cupboards for any ingredients to make something quick but fulfilling.

"I'm not hungry..." He said, grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. "Let's talk."

We decided it was better to speak at the rooftop so no one would see or hear our conversation. Hence, despite the chilly weather, we went up the flight of stairs and arrived at the rooftop which had a perfect view of the city lights.

We stood there in silence, in awe at the gorgeous view. That and we were unsure of how to start the conversation. But I didn't want to leave this small mishap unsolved. I didn't want to keep the cold and awkward atmosphere between us. This is our first meeting in weeks and to be honest, I would rather receive some kisses from him rather than that cold attitude of his. I already knew how he is when his mood flips from happy to pissed. He seldom gets angry for real but when he does, even the staff members of JYP wouldn't know how to act around him.

"Chan, are you angry at me?" I asked.

"No." Was his brief reply. He may not be angry but I knew a sad boy when I see one.

"Then, are you sulking? Disappointed?" I asked again, taking a step closer towards him but he didn't react and only faced the city.

"No." He said again.

"Can you please look at me when we're talking?" I asked nicely and took another step closer. "You know I waited for like more or less 2 hours for you at the diner." I stood beside him and though he wasn't looking at me, I looked directly into his eyes. "I left a lot of messages and calls but you didn't respond to any of them."

I could see him clench and unclench his jaw as well as his fists. I reached out, took his warm hands and forced it to open so I could interlace my fingers with his. Just as I remember, my hand fit exactly in his like a puzzle piece, perfectly made for each other.

"I know... I saw..." He whispered, finally averting his gaze and moving them down to his feet, suddenly feeling the guilt.

"I kept on glancing at my phone, waiting for a single message saying you wouldn't be able to make it for the night... But there were none so I sat and waited with my phone till it died." I explained, squeezing his hand. "So I decided to leave but I then ran across a classmate and he treated me to some drinks. Then he drove me home."

At the mention of drinks, he turned to face me, worry and concern on his face. "You had drinks with a guy?!" He put his hands on my shoulders. "That's incredibly dangerous! Even if you say you know him! What if he spiked your drink, got you drunk and then dragged you somewhere secluded?"

"Babe... Chan, we didn't drink alcohol. We ate some cake and drank some coffee." I finally found the courage to smile. "Don't worry too much."

Chan took a deep breath and pulled me to a hug. "I'm sorry... If I had come earlier then this wouldn't have happened.... The old lady even gave me a good scolding." He muttered. "But never go drinking with people you wouldn't trust with your life. Even if you say they are good, men will be men... You don't know how attractive you are in my eyes, in others people's eyes."

From his actions, I finally found the courage to smile. "Were you... By any chance, were you jealous?"

He pulled back from the hug and looked me in the eye. "So what if I am? Your brother brought up the possibility that you were with another guy! And you were!" He pouted. "You even wore a dress!"

At that, I let out a laugh. I pushed him gently and went up on my tiptoes to match his height. From that, I closed the already small gap between us. His lips were soft and moist, leaving a familiar sensation on my lips once I pulled away.  He stood still due to the shock, slowly but surely processing what I just did.

"Chan, you are so cute... But you see, I don't know what you are getting jealous of." I tip toed again and gave him another, but this time, deeper kiss. The moment I pulled back, the lipstick I had on had left a pinkish tint on his pale lips.

"Chan, you're the only guy I like to kiss." This time, I leaned in for another kiss but now, he pulled me closer and the simple peck became something more passionate.

That's how the misunderstanding, the fight, and the night ended.