20

"Jihoon, Jiyeon, sit down, big sister has something to tell you."

"Alright... But be quick because I have to do my homework." Jihoon said.

"What is it?" My adorable sister asked.

"I will be honest with you two." I started, the nights I spent rehearsing the lines in front of a mirror seemed so useless now that I was actually doing it. "You two can't see it now, but sister is very sick." I said bluntly. There was no other way to say it. I just have to put it out there.

"Sick?? Did you go to the doctor?" My sister asked. "Do you need chicken soup or a porridge?" Unlike her childlike innocence though, Jihoon looked at me with worry.

"I have been to the doctor and they told me that..." I took a deep breath, closing my eyes to encourage myself to say it. But when I did, I almost regretted it. "Your big sister has brain tumor..."

My brother, who was always so calm, collected and mature, burst out in tears. He wiped the tears with his sleeves but they didn't seem to have an end. Tears after tears just kept on rolling down his eyes. He was crying like he somehow knew deep inside him that I was dying. The confirmation was all it took to break his heart. But what I felt so sorry for was the fact I even thought of leaving them in the first place.

Meanwhile our youngest looked confused but still very worried since her reliable older brother was now breaking down. "Brain tumor... Is that the one with no cure?" Jiyeon confirmed.

I simply nodded. That's when she too started to cry and hug Jihoon. The two of them cried for me. But then I too found my eyes tearing up but I held the tears back. I had to be strong now more than ever.

"W-will you get treatment for it??" Jihoon asked, sobbing in between his words. He was always mature that I sometimes forgot he's just a fourteen year old boy who does chores so well and takes care of our nine year old sister.

I shook my head, no. "We do not have the money for it." I smiled sadly. "That's why maybe in  a year more or less, I may not be here with you anymore." I explained. But that made the two of them cry even more. "When that time comes, I want you two to be able to be independent."

"But that's impossible! What'll happen to us if you are not around?!" Jihoon cried.

"Mom left us... Then dad left us... Why are you leaving too?" Jiyeon bawled her eyes out, shouting at me.

"I know... I feel so bad for it but I promise I will not leave you unprotected." I moved over to where my siblings were and gave them a comforting hug, the best I could offer. "I will make sure we spend a lot of time together." I told them, rubbing their backs.

"No... I will stop school and start working." Jihoon muttered. "We will get you the treatment!" He cried.

"Don't think of that, Jihoon." I smiled at him. "You need to graduate college, get a good job, buy a house and build a family. You have to look after our Jiyeon till she grows up." I smiled at the two of them.

"How about Chan?" Jiyeon asked. "Does he know?? He will be very sad."

"He doesn't know yet... That is why I ask that you two do not tell him until I do, okay?" I kissed their foreheads. "I will tell him when he is ready, okay?"

"Okay..." Jihoon nodded.

When lunch came, the three of us sat down to eat the humble meal my brother prepared. But unfortunately, my day was interrupted when my phone notifications blew up. My phone wouldn't stop ringing so when I finally checked, the messages were coming from my bestfriend, Suah.

From Suah
Hey. Why are you all over social media.

From Suah
I THOUGHT YOU WERE SINGLE!
ALL THOSE TIMES WE WERE INVITING YOU TO MIXERS

From Suah
For real though? Check your twitter account.

From Suah
SO BIG QUESTION. Are you or are you not dating someone... Uhm maybe Christopher Bang?

From Suah
Didn't know I'd wake up today to find Stray Kids' leader in a dating scandal...

From Suah
WITH MY BEST FRIEND.

After reading most of her spam messages, I logged onto twitter and did saw that Bang Chan was trending at #1. The second trend search was Chan dating. There were pictures attached on the tweets. The two subject were wearing masks, holding hands... Those two were me and Chan. Seems like someone recognized him even though he already wore a mask and a pair of glasses. My bestfriend recognized me too even with my mask on. Just in time, my head ache started to hit me again.

Enduring the pain, I got up and went to the toilet, dialing my boyfriend's number. It rang for a few seconds till it became minutes... I dialed it for the second then the third and then the fourth but he didn't answer. He was already probably getting punished for it.

Fear and anxiety washed over me. The thought of Chan getting kicked out of his group would be the worst for him. If this dating scandal ever ruins his career, I would never be able to forgive myself for it. Best case scenario would be, they make him break up with me and then life goes on for us both... Or well, for him, at least.

As the time passed, my headache started to become unbearable so I quickly rummaged through the medicine box to look for headache medicine. My vision was starting to lose focus and everything in sight were becoming blurry as time passed.

"God damn it!" I cursed, dropping the pill box, unable to find the medicine. I turned the faucet on and splashed my face with water, hoping it would help alleviate the ache but it didn't.

Slowly, little by little, the headache worsened till my vision completely turned black and I dropped unconscious on the floor.