18

"Listen, Jihoon, I'm entrusting you this envelope."

"What's it for?" My brother asked, scratching his nape, totally curious of the content.

"I made a bank account for you and for Jiyeon. The details are written inside. There's also important documents such as your birth certificates and all that." I explained to him. Due to the turn of events, I made extra steps to prepare for the future, this includes making sure my siblings were safe in the future. "Now, we will hide these informations under the bed, alright?" I carefully instructed him.

"Alright... I guess?" He shrugged.

"Oh and, you know how to budget right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do. I did it back at home when dad wasn't around... He taught me how...." Then Jihoon's face turned suspicious. Maybe the fact that I was preparing all this and instructing him felt the same with his dad. Maybe it felt like I was leaving them as well... And it's true. But this time, I want them to be strong on their own because when I'm gone, there really will be no one to guide them. "Why are you asking me all these?"

"I just want you to man the household so I can concentrate on working, you know?" I shrugged, smiling. But I knew he wasn't buying that pathetic excuse.

"... Okay... By the way, Chan-hyung came over the other night. He said he'll come by later after his schedules." Jihoon said. And just as he did, a knock on the door alerted us. With all the chaos going on in my life recently, I started to forget Chan.

My brother went over to check on the peephole and proceeded to open the door widely to let the boy wrapped in all black clothing enter the house. "How'd you even know it was Chan?" I asked.

"His eyes." Was what my brother said.

"Finally!" Chan said, dropping paper bags on the floor and tackling me in a hug. "I missed you, beautiful..." He whispered in my ear, not letting me go of the hug.

I felt guilty hugging this man because I was planning on breaking up with him... He didn't deserve the misfortune I bring... He didn't deserve a broken person like me. He's such a wonderful person that he deserves to be with someone equally deserving of him... And that person isn't me. I felt my heartbeat pick up at the thought of leaving this boy. I truly loved him. I love him so much I'm willing to let him go for him to be happy. Breaking up with him sooner means he wouldn't have to deal with my death in the future.

"Your brother told me you work from 6 to 4 that isn't healthy, Dani. Even I can't function properly like that." He said, pulling back to take a good look at me. "Look at you, you look sick. You've become thinner and paler." He cupped my cheek with his soft hand.

"I can't say I'm not loving this concerned side of you..." I smiled, turning my head to kiss his palm. Yes, maybe staying with him for a bit longer is alright. "I missed you too." I tip toed and kissed his lips. Just for a few more weeks. Let me savor this man and his love for a few more weeks....

Apparently the commotion woke up the little princess who was napping on the bed. "Chann!" She cheered, jumping off the bed and running to hug my boyfriend. "Where's my gift???" She asked, earning a confused look from me.

"Why would you need a gift from Chan?" I asked my lil sister.

"... I'm not talking to you. You forgot my birthday the other day." She whipped her head around and went back to snuggling in Chan's embrace.

My heart sank as I looked at the calendar. I didn't mean to forget it. In fact I was supposed to be preparing for it because I remember she wanted beef and cake back at the grocery store only for me to promise it for her birthday. I really didn't mean to forget it... Apparently, forgetting things is a symptom of brain tumor. Its a proof my brain was slowly dying...

"I brought your gifts! But please forgive your sister." Chan pouted. "She was just too tired working to buy you gifts that's why she forgot." Chan explained. "L

"It wasn't a birthday cake, Jiyeon but remember, our sister brought home slices of cake that night." My brother joined the two and sat in front of them.

"Look what I bought you Jiyeon! Come on and open this first!" Chan took out a box that was packed very professionally with a wrapper that was covered in gift boxes and balloons. My sister followed his request and so, sitting on the floor, Jiyeon cradled the box on her lap before she tore the wrapper carefully. And apparently, the first peak made her start squealing and hugging Chan.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She kissed Chan on the cheek before returning to unboxing the present. It was a doll with Disney Frozen stamped on the box.

"I saw your drawing on the fridge, Jiyeon! I know you love Frozen and Elsa. I do to!" Chan giggled.

Of course the girl hugged the doll close to her before hugging Chan again. But this time, calmer than before. "I love it."

I just felt horrible by that point... That's when I felt an excruciating pain in my head as if it was being cracked open. I collapsed on the floor, clutching my head.

"DANI! what's going on?!" Chan immediately got up to help me up and check on my well-being. "Should I call an ambulance?!"

"N-no. Its j-just migraine... Its... Its the time of the month..." I barely managed to get out. "Pain k-killers... B-bag..." I said. Just as I did so, my ever so reliable brother went to grab it from my bag.

"Here here!" he handed the pill bottle to Chan and then went to grab a glass of water.

I downed two pills at once and only then did my head clear up... My forehead was covered with sweat and my top damp from the great absorption of sweat. "Sorry... Its just my... Period..." I chuckled, hoping they believe that bullshit.

"That looked too extreme to be a migraine..." Chan said, concerned and reluctant to leave my side.

"Clearly, you wouldn't know how a period migraine feels since you don't have the V..." I chuckled. "Just go, they're looking forward for your other gifts." I pointed to two children.

"Of course. These are for Jiyeon and these ones for Jihoon." Chan read the label and handed the paper bags to my siblings. "Of course for my girl, a new phone and laptop..." My eyes widened at what he just said. "Don't worry, this is my old laptop... I recently bought a new one for myself." He smiled.

"Are you sure? I know this one has been with you since your predebut...." I asked, examining his old laptop. I already loved it. I joked on multiple occasions that I wanted it. But I never really thought he would be giving it to me. "Your fans even said you were dating this one." I wondered if I should really accept both of it. My phone and laptop were still very functional. And with one year left, I doubt I'd be able to use both to their fullest capacities.

"Well at least my two girls are with each other..." He chuckled, faking a tear. "That makes the parting with my laptop worth it. Just promise to take care of my baby for me."

"I can't accept this..."