03

"So a friend sent me this photo..."

The boy who regularly had a live from his studio every Sunday somehow looked a little bit excited and hopeful. This time, he didn't just go live just to update his fans about his week. This time, he came with a purpose and a goal in mind.

"She's a volunteer at the animal sanctuary outside of Seoul and look." He brought his phone up to the camera, showing a photo of a mama dog nursing eight newborn puppies. "So the Animal Sanctuary is in need of help for financial support."

He leaned back, a sad smile on his face. "Please, to all of you who could- I am not telling you to adopt these poor dogs... I'm just saying, instead of breeding puppies, why not just adopt? " He paused as someone entered the studio. Another one with the same english accent.

"Aye. What's up?" The boy sat down and pulled the sofa forward, waving to the camera.

"Its Felix... As I was saying.... Wait what was I saying?" The boy adorably pursed his lips and creased his eyebrows. "Ah right!"

"As I was saying, wouldn't it be better to adopt those who's already here looking for love i stead of breeding puppies for the sake of having an expensive one?" He looked to Felix.

"Yeah. i saw the photo you sent to the groupchat. The one with the eight puppies? My mum told me to adopt one of those puppies, they're bringing it to Sydney." He said, sipping on his bobba tea.

"Yes, that. So actually, there are eight puppies and eight of us. Everyone agreed to it with parents... Let me say it again with parent's consent." Chan smiled, proud of himself and of his members. "So like remember when we got similar rings? Let's get similar collars for the little ones too!"

••
•••
••

After my schedules in the morning, I headed to the animal sanctuary to see the progress of our hard work and everyday ever since Chan made that announcement on Sunday, the animals in the animal sanctuary has been steadily decreasing! And what today is already Friday.

"There's the mind of it all! Dani, come're!" The manager called me from the lobby and I entered to see all of the staff and volunteers standing there. "We have good news!!"

I smiled. "Alright spill it!" I urged.

"Due to your efforts these past week... We have adopted out all cats and all dogs! We even got donations which we will be using to improve the establishment and rescue more animals!" She smiled, tears forming in her eyes.

"But damn, these fans are really something." My fellow volunteer said

Well that's because, it all started when I told Chan about this place and asked him if his friends and family would like to adopt some. I didn't expect him to full on advertise to his entire fanbase! Then Sana of Twice, Bambam of Got7, Shownu of MonstaX and even Young K of Day6 told their own fanbase about it. That's when we got more volunteers, more adoptions and more donations not just locally but internationally! The donations were under the names of their idols. Man the power of fanbases.

"I can't believe you're friends with the leader of Stray Kids though?" The guy who was present the day Suah and I took the photos smirked.

It was a dangerous territory to mention that but I tried to keep calm and be smart about my words. "Oh, I met him in highschool. We were volunteers at an orphanage." I said, brushing the issue away. "Anyway, since we adopted all animas out, we should have a celebration!" I cheered.

"Actually, there's one more senior dog no body wanted to adopt. She's aggressive and full of fleas and mange..." The manager frowned...  "She will be put down tonight..."

My brows curled down. "But you got enough funds to treat her and get someone to train her." I said. "Where is she?" I walked out the lobby and down the kennels to find it all empty.
My heart started ramming against my chest, anxious... Maybe its too late... No... I felt sadness and loss of hope for the dog....

But as I was going to turn around to go back to the lobby, I saw something move at the corner of my eye. I then followed it and walked towards it to see medium sized dog all wrinkly, her hair had already fall of and her body wad covered with mange. Her eyes were sad and angry at the same time. When she saw me approach, she hastily backed up and cowered in a corner, growling at me and baring her teeth at me, trying to get me to stay away.

"Ssshhhhh it's alright girl..." I squat down so she wouldn't get frightened. "C'mere..."
I shuffled closer, reaching my hand out to attempt to pet her but just as I did, she lunged towards me, very angry and frightened. She was going for my neck but someone pulled me back quickly.

"What were you trying to do?!" The guy from earlier asked, his brows curled down. "Didn't you hear what the manager said?! This dog is uncontrollable and rabid! If you got bitten just now, you could say goodbye to your life." He said.

"She's not crazy! She's just scared!" I defended the poor pup. Upon closer look, I could see wounds around its neck, possibly from the tightness of its collar from before it got rescued. Her right ear was also torn and a scar ran down her right eye and down to her moth. Her tail was abnormally shorter, obviously it was probably cut by her previous owner.

My heart clenched and I cried out for her. Looking at her state now, she's probably been mistreated her entire life and she's old now... How could someone be so terrible to her?

"Why the heck are you crying?" The guy asked. "This thing happens all the time. This dog is lucky it even got to taste dogfood. She's a lost cause."

I glared at the guy through my tears. "She isn't a lost cause! I'm adopting her!"

What ran through my mind when I declared that, I don't know. I'm not even sure I can take care of her given my busy schedule... But one thing is for sure, I can squeeze her into my life and give her the love and care she deserves.

"You're crazy..." He sighed... "But i'm crazier for doing this... Urgh. Fine. I'll tame her for you!"