05

'I am sorry.'

I read the note.

'I am sorry, Dani. I didn't want to wake you up but I had to leave early, we have filming to do today :( I'll make it up to you.'

I wasn't even surprised. I understood his reasons so I decided to move on from my morning mini misery and just get ready for another day at college. Today, another busy day awaits and I already can't wait for it to end. Specially since I couldn't shake off the heavy feeling deep inside me. It felt uncomfortable and made me  little anxious.

"No. No. No. Don't be like this, Dani." I whispered to myself. "Let's be positive." I tried to smile at myself in the mirror but it was getting hard to deceive even myself. All I could see in the mirror is a sad girl trying to make everything better by smiling. But that smile was starting to crumble.

I shook off the hints of darkness growing inside me and decided to just leave the apartment and head over to school. I had to stop by the accounting office to settle some tuition fees and loans. So I had to get there early. Thankfully, I didn't miss the train despite my small inner battle earlier.

The train was already full with students from different schools so I decided to stand near the doors. And just like my morning routine on the way to school, I plugged in my earphones and went to spotify to see another weekly album made by Chan exclusively for me. This is the reason why he takes fans' music suggestions and recommendations. It was because I mentioned to him that his fans had great music taste and that when he first did a live, listening to music, I told him it was calming to listen to his voice and the music while I studied. Hence, he did it a weekly thing.

Sweet boyfriend. I know! What did I do to deserve him...

I got off at the station and walked the rest of the way to school. But as I was crossing the street, my shoelace suddenly snapped. It was a bad omen for this to happen. The shoelaces made it hard for me to walk and just as I did, a sports car came running down towards me.

It felt like time slowed down as I watched it approach me in a quick speed. The screeching tires rang in my ears and made me almost close my eyes. But just like some movies, the car stopped a few centimeters in front of me. "Hey! What the heck?! Are you trying to kill yourself by stopping in the middle of the road!?"

I was still shaken by the event but as soon as he started shouting at me, I snapped just like my worn out shoelaces. "THE TRAFFIC LIGHT WAS RED FOR YOU. AND FYI, I TRIPPED ON MY SNAPPED SHOELACE!" I snapped at him, surprising him. I know I looked like a timid young girl but I was far from being one. "How about next time, you go slow so you wouldn't kill anyone instead of showing off your engines huh?" I removed both my worn out shoes and stomped away from the scene.

"W-wait!" He called.

I didn't look back though. I wanted to be that badass girl who had the last say in moments like this. But no, this dumbass guy just had to ruin my moment. "I'll get you some shoes." He said and I noticed the slight blush in his cheeks.

"No thank you. Just pay someone to teach you manners, please."

"You study in Seoul University right? Are you planning to walk all the way there?" He asked, walking at my pace. "I study there too. Come one I'll give you a ride and a new pair od shoes as an apology." He said.

"Apology? An apology is a sincere sorry. If you didn't know that yet, how did you get into a prestigious uni, huh?" I rolled my eyes at the egoistical bastard.

"Alright alright. I am sincerely sorry. But let me help you please?" He asked, grabbing me by my shoulder.

I sighed. "Fine. A new pair of converse." I walked back towards his luxurious sports car and showed myself in the passenger seat only to see him standing outside and gawking at me. "Are you gonna stay out there or what?"

"Ah y-yeah..." He rushed to the driver's seat and drove over to the nearest mall to get me a new pair of shoes.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Dani. You?"

"Everyone calls me Max." He said.

The people would occasionally glance towards me walking with no shoes on, I must've looked dumb as hell. But I didn't care because then their attention would turn to Max because of his model like appearance.

"Good morning, may I assist you?" A lady asked, approaching us right as we entered the converse shop. But I was too stunned to speak. I bought my shoe at a flea market and what I wore was probably just an immitation of the original converse shoe. It cost me very cheap. But the same model of shoe but original cost like ten times the price at the flea market.

"So? Go on, choose what you want." He said like it was simply choosing a candy.

"Isn't this place too expensive? You can just bring me to the flea market beside the park." I whispered to him but he burst out laughing.

"I'm paying anyways. You should be taking advantage of my money right now." He said but I was just offended. Did I look like that to him? Just because I'm poor, doesn't mean I would take this opportunity to get something expensive- no. "What's your shoe size?"

I felt humiliated. Specially since there were other people in the place and I get that I walked barefoot to this place. "... Apology... You can go stick it right up your ass." I pulled the mid finger on him and walked off.

How I'm going to the university- hopefully my friends could pick me up.

Photo
Face claim of Max