23

Where did it all go wrong?

Everything has become a mess.

Dani has since woken up from her 3-days unconscious state. And instead of waking up inside her small but cozy apartment, she woke up in a very comfortable and soft bed. The room was very well lit and it slightly smelled like a mixture of lemon and antiseptics. First, she was greeted by great comfort, then muscle stiffness, then confusion... And finally realization. The tubes that were inserted in her arm was an answer to her long questions.

"I'm in the hospital." She mumbled, clearing her throat a few times, they were very dry and raspy.

Sitting up, Dani realized that her hospital room was ever more so luxurious than what she thought she needed. In fact, she gulped down hard wondering how much her confinement would cost her. Probably 4 to 6 months worth of all her combined salaries. Aside from that momentary shock, worry and concern soon consumed her entirety. Her siblings!

How could she forget her siblings??
How could she leave them alone??

Her entire mind was in turmoil. This incident has proven to her that her condition was worsening and that at any moment, she could leave her siblings behind forever. She knew she had to get things in order to help her younger siblings as much as she could before passing away. Her plan is to send them away to a safe place before she withers away because she didn't want the children to see her die slowly.

Gathering all her strength, Dani got on her feet slowly. She used the walls as her support and she took the metal stand that held her IV drips for her before she walked to the door. It was a big sliding door and was a little too heavy for a patient like her. Thankfully for Dani, the door slid woth ease the second time she tugged at it and it was all because of the strong boy that stood on the other side of the door.

"DANI?! NURSE NURSE! SHE'S AWAKE!" The masculine boy hurriedly turned around to call for a nurse before he sweetly did a once over with a panic stricken face. "AND YOU, WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU STANDING AROUND WHEN YOU SHOULD BE IN BED!"

"Thirsty..." Dani said, muttering what she could muster and surely enough, the boy understood her raspy croaks.

The boy carefully lent her his muscly arm and she gratefully accepted his offer to help her walk back to her bed. The boy took the iv lime from her, and helped her settle back on the bed, even holding the blanket back and covering her with it before taking a glass and filling it up with water in the corner of the big room.

When the boy handed it to her and even helped her drink from it did she realized what was happening.

"Changbin... Why are you here?" Dani looked carefully at the boy.

"Someone has to be here with you. Today, I was chosen and I am honored." Changbin smiled, even giving her a wink. "Aren't you blessed."

If he knew then that must only mean one thing... Her secret is out, everyone knows of her condition and she didn't even get to be honest with the man she wanted to be honest with. She felt apologetic towards them, specially Chan.

"And Chan?" Dani asked, moving her arms to the sides to help herself sit up but as she did, a soft and furry plush thing came into contact with her. It was a plush gray wold woth very soft fur.

"He went back to the dorm to bathe and get some rest." Changbin immediately got up and filled a glass with water, carefully pouring not too much and not to little. He was really attentive, noticing Dani's voice was a little hoarse. He brought it to her, helped her sit up and helped her drink slowly, which she accepted gratefully. "Its been 3 days since you were hospitalized, Dani. Chan never left you alone since he came here three days ago." He explained with a smile, even going as far to pat her head before bringing the glass back to the table.