01

"Your rent is overdue."

My mood instantly dropped after hearing that from the landlady. In all honesty, I feel embarrassed because of her kindness towards me all these years. I always go overdue with my payments but she would often let it slip until I get to pay her.

"Right... I will have the payment by friday. I'm sorry for nother delay, ma'am." I bowed down towards her.

"Dear, don't worry about it. Just pay me back when you're ready." She smiled at me.

She's a nice old lady in her early sixties. Her husband died years ago nd all her three children are grown up with their own families in some place far away. They don't even visit her during the holidays. I think she was lonely. So she treats all the tenants like they were her children. She even invites us for dinner during the holidays.

"Thank you Mrs. Jang." I bowed one more time before I went off to my apartment

My mood started improving once again right after I entered my humble abode. The comforting familiar scent of my laundry detergent and the familiar arrangement of my room soothed the anxiety building up inside of me. I got right onto it, putting the groceries in the cupboards and fridge, making sure to align and organize everything neatly.

I also took the time in the bath, making myself fresh again.

Honestly, what kept me going today is the small message from my boyfriend earlier this morning.

From Chan
I need to see you :(
Vc at 8?

•  •  •  •
•  •  •
•  •  •  •

I nervously fiddled with the sleeve of my oversized hoodie, a mustard colored one, something he wore before but gave to me. I was nervous because the last time we've called each other was almost two weeks ago due to our busy schedules and this almost feel like meeting him again after 2 years.

"Hey beautiful..." He smiled. He was lying down in bed, his face bare of any makeup and I could see the redness of his cheeks even with hus terrible lighting. But whatever, without makeup, he looked the best.

"Hello to you too." I said, letting my lips fall into a smile automatically.

"I needed to hear that voice..." He muttered, his voice sounding groggy and tired. "I needed to see you..."

Worry peaked inside me. It was times like this that he forgot to take care of himself sometimes. He forgets to stop and ask himself if he's alright and all that. I could tell how badly he just needed a hug. "You alright there?" I asked.

"Nothing... I'm just tired." He forced a smile. "I wish we get a break soon..."

"Aww... You should've just went straight to bed if you were tired. We could've called each other tomorrow." I said.

"I got another sched tomorrow plus, we haven't seen each other in two weeks..." A sigh escaped his breath, clearly, he was maybe frustrated. "Should I just not go tomorrow? I'll go to you instead..." He chuckled and I did too. Knowing him, he wouldn't do that ever. Chan is too focused on his work, it's his first priority. I already know I'm not his number one priority and I didn't mind that. I loved how he was goal oriented and how he knew what to prioritize. In fact, I'm that down his priority list, he'd choose Felix over me anytime, not that I didn't want that. Stray kids without Felix isn't Stray Kids. But Stray Kids without me is still Stray Kids.

"I don't have plans the entire weekend you can come over anytime." I invited. "So finish all your sched as soon as possible." I smiled.

"Alright then..." Then he yawned. His eyes were droopy and I could see he was fighting the urge to sleep. "Dani, I'm sorry I can't take you out on regular dates." He was obviously sleepy as he was muttering none sense. But he kept himself up just so we could see each other.

"We got time ahead of us, Chan."

"We can take our time and go at our own pace."

But he was snoring and snoozing. Clearly, he was dead tired. The bags underneath his eyes were dark and his complexion was pale and not just because of the terrible lighting. I found myself staring at his sleeping face and wondered to myself how I got so lucky in this life. Maybe I was a hero in my previous one? But whatever I did in the past life to deserve this now, good job, self.

When I scroll through twitter, I sometimes see numerous tweets about fans being extremely touched because of Chan. Most of the time, I screenshot the said tweet and send it to Chan. He's such a pure boy, he gets happy and flattered even if its just a simple compliment. He's such a softie for his fans.

I decided to send a message to him before I end my day.

"To Chan
Rest well... I love you."