09

I'm a boring and ordinary girl who works midnight shifts and go to college in the morning. I do volunteer work on my day off and I have an unusual family. My mom gave birth to me with a guy I don't know. Years later and a ton of boyfriends later, she married a guy who gave her everything only to be scammed by her. She left the man with no single dime but she left him with two wonderful kids and me, her child. She raised me well and I had no complaints about that, she made sure I knew how to navigate through life before she left. But soon after, the father of my two half siblings also ran away with half the money I sent them. Now, I'm the parent to my younger brother and my younger sister.

I also have a secret. That is, I have a terribly adorable boyfriend which all girls claim to be theirs. No, he isn't a womanizer. Its just, no one can resist him.

With such adorable siblings and such adorable boyfriend you would thing this meeting between family and boyfriend would be nice and adorable too. But it wasn't. Turns out my brother is a tiger pretending to be a kitten.

"This guy? Your boyfriend?!" Jihoon's mouth fell open. A look of doubt and disbelief lingered in his eyes. "For how long?!"

Chan and I sat beside each other timidly. On his lap, he held my hand tightly, rubbing hus thumb along my palm. I bet he felt they were getting sweaty because of this sudden situation.

"A year. We've been dating for around a year now." I answered.

"And you didn't tell us?" He asked.

Imagine the gingerbread man from the shrek. Adorable and sweet right? Then imagine it grew to an unimaginable size... It's still cute trying to look intimidating right? Jihoon is that gingerbread man in real life. His actions still looked cute despite him trying to fill in the spot of a scary dad.

"That's... That's probably my fault..." Chan hesitated at first but when I held his hand tighter, I guess he got the courage to speak up too. "I asked Dani to keep it a secret..."

"Huh??" My eight year old sister who was quietly sitting on the bed the entire time finally spoke up. Her brilliant doe like eyes peered at my boyfriend in curiosity and wonder. She got up and sat in front of Chan. "Jihoon, don't couples date because they like... No... Love each other?"

"Tha- yes...?" Jihoon raised a brow.

"Then why do you want to keep my big sister a secret? Are you ashamed of her??" She asked with nothing but innocence and curiosity. But her question did perk up my ears. That was strange coming from an eight year old but she probably learned everything from our mom who had a lot of lovers.

"What?! No! Never!" My boyfriend was just too precious. His cheeks turned pink and his eyes quickly searched mine to reassure me. "I.. I'm proud to be Dani's boyfriend!" He said, turning to look at my little sister's eyes directly. "We're keeping it a secret for her own safety." He smiled.

"You see, Chan is an idol... We can't have his fans cursing at me, right?" I pulled my little sister to my lap and hugged her.

"Right... Both of you are adults, do what you want." Jihoon sighed, going to the mini kitchen to look through the things Chan brought. "Just not the things you would regret later."

We sat around the small coffee table with the box of Chicken in the center. It was a warm dinner with the people I cared about deeply. For some reason, my little sister came to like Chan. She loved his red hair and would keep on touching it. He was surprisingly good with kids probably because he has two siblings back at Australia too.

"Did you get your uniforms?" I asked Jihoon. "I did. The pants are a bit long but it could be fixed so I can wear it again the next years."

I nodded in understanding.

Soon enough, my sister was already in deep sleep while clinging onto Chan. He held her gently and carried her to the bed being careful as to not wake her up. "There you go..." He covered her with the blanket and then turned back to me. "You got quite the family, Dani." He whispered, a smile on his face.

"Jihoon, can you clean up?" I asked too late because the table we used was already half cleaned. The dishes were already at the sink and the crumbs on the table were wiped clean already. "Right... Then, I will talk to Chan outside..."

The two of us walked out the place and just went on a stroll in the neighborhood since we were both warmly dressed anyway and wearing masks. The hat Chan wore under his hood covered as much of him as possible and in the darkness of the night, no one would be able to tell that's Bang Chan.

"Your brother told me you worked two jobs?" He asked, taking my hand in his and blowing hot wind onto my freezing ones.

"That... Yeah. Someone got to take responsibility for them. They're still young." I chuckled at how immature our parents were. They loved the three of us but didn't want to take responsibility. So I had to do it, at least for my siblings. I didn't want to worry them about food, shelter and time. All they should do is rely on me, their big sister.

"They're very lucky to have you." He smiled. We ended up roaming at the nearby park. We took a seat under a tree, away from open space just in case. Chan pulled me in for a hug and it immediately warmed me up. "But who's going to take responsibility for you?" He whispered into my ear.

"You work 2 jobs... Go to college... Take care of your siblings... But what about you?" He asked. After pulling back a little, I could see the worry etched in his eyes. "You refuse my help all the time. I could pay for your rent or your tuition for next semester." His eyes begged me to say yes but I didn't want to.

Chan offered me financial support even before we started dating but I always said no. Its not because of pride or whatever... Okay maybe it is about pride a little. But, I just didn't want to after all, I could do it by myself.

"Don't worry... I got it covered. I'm eating well these days because my brother cooks. So don't worry about me alright?" I smiled at him, gave him a peck on his nose and then his lips.... The peck turned into a small make out session. After what seemed to be like forever, I pulled back and smiled. "This is our first walk in the park."