08

"She isn't replying to any of my messages." A certain boy slumped in his chair, too unmotivated to produce music. He leaned back and pouted, glaring at his phone screen.

"Mrs Jung sent me the transfer papers. You should be able to get in the nearby public elementary school with no problem." I informed my brother. "Its the one near the park, we passed by it once when we went to the market."

"Mmhmn." He mumbled, busy braiding Suah's hair.

It has been three days since they started living with me. I have to enroll them later on after my morning lectures and then head on to work later too. Thinking about it, life became kind of easier for me because Jihoon made it his task to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. My brother took care of the household chores, he also was teaching Suah different housework and I felt proud to have them as my mature siblings.

At the university, life went on, except I had to catch up on some missed tasks because I was absent for a few days. It wasn't difficult but it takes too much time. Something I don't have. Not to mention, I was feeling tired and lethargic lately from overworking myself. So this time sitting nd listening to lectures, I took as my rest time.

"Just go to her." Minho, being the straight and forward guy he was, had enough of his leader pouting all day. Chan, in his point of view, is normally cute and cool at the same time but pouting and sulking is something he didn't do in the usual days. "Go to her, talk to her, settle things with her."

"How are you two by the way?" Felix asked, curious about his best friend's love life, something he hasn't experienced yet.

"Same old, same old. Chan hasn't taken her to a single date yet." Changbin responded for their leader.

That was true though. Chan has not yet taken Dani to a single date or candle lit dinner or a walk down Han River. No, he didn't want to go on a date with her in public because it was too much of a risk getting caught. Not only would he endanger Stray Kids' reputation, he would also compromise Dani's privacy and safety. Everyone knows what happens if sasaengs found their idols dating.

"Why date her... If you know... You're not gonna date her? Get what I mean?" Jisung asked. "Hey that could be our next lyrics..."

Hyunjin laughed, "Yeah, why date her if you aren't going on dates? That's the essence of dating."

Whilst sitting quietly on the sofa, the words of the members rang loudly in Chan's ears. He knew it was a difficult relationship but he liked her way too much to simply let her go. So how would he show to her that he likes her without compromising anything?
"How would I show her I care without going on dates?" Finally, Chan spoke.

"Send her gifts." Maknae, IN suggested.

"You lost it, Chan... Receiving dating advice from a minor." Minho laughed along with Jisung, both laughing at their leader's misery.

"Gifts won't work on Dani. She doesn't like wasting money on useless things. It would be better if you spend time doing volunteer work with her just like the old times." Seungmin, who was patiently observing the situation before, now had something to say. And boy did it spark an idea inside Chan's mind.

"I'm going to her apartment." He smiled, wearing his mask, hoodie and cap before rushing out the room, leaving the members laughing at his dilemma.

With determination, Chan took the taxi to her apartment. For some reason it seemed like a quicker ride than any he has rode before. He walked up the familiar steps to her unit and rang the doorbell once, twice.

He hear footsteps from the other side approach and when the door opened, it opened by a fraction. "Who are you?" A boy asked, peaking at him from behind the door. Familiar features reminded him of a certain someone.

"Oh ahh... Who are.. you?" Chan asked using the kindest words he could muster up.

But to hid utter disbelief, the door was shut in his face. The young boy had no ounce of mercy. He also didn't hesitate. It was a good trait specially since his older sister taught him to never let anyone in the house. But this man was no stranger. He is the sister's boyfriend.

He knocked again. "My sister said not to open doors to strangers."

"But I'm not a stranger though?" He chuckled, standing outside patiently.

"I doubt that because why would my sister know someone with red hair?" What the boy said almost made him burst in a fit of laughter. He felt pretty adamant about changing his hair color soon. But now was his sign. "If you're not a stranger then who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Dani." He stated, remembering to keep the relationship a secret. "A-about my hair... I can change it if you want me to..."

"I don't believe you." The boy said, peeking out from the peephole when suddenly the gears in his brain started rolling. "Hey... You're from my sister's lockscreen." His cheeks started to show its pink hus when realization hit him. But suddenly he wasn't able to speak, he was star strucked.

"Oh am I her lock screen?" An embarassed Chan stood still right outside the door, not over the fact that Dani's brother was cute and the fact that she keeps him as her lockscreen. No one would even suspect her if she did that. There were thousands of pictures up online about him... But this was different. She took the picture while he was playing mario cart... A candid smile on his face, a picture no one else but her has.

"Chan? What are you doing here?" A soft voice resounded.

"Dani! I came to see you but your brother won't let a stranger in." He chuckled, scratching his nape. For him, it kind of felt like a family disapproval.

The girl herself unlocked the door to see her two siblings sitting on bed with coloring books  and crayons everywhere. "Good job not letting strangers in, Jihoon."

"But I'm not a stranger!" That tall man pouted.

"I haven't introduced you to him, hence you are a stranger to him, see my point?" Dani put the paperbag she was carrying down on the table. "Chan, these are my siblings, Jihoon and Jiyeon... And kids, this is my boyfriend... Chan."