Chapter 10

Lorenzo's POV

The driver drove towards the restaurant as Genesis' body laid on the backseat with this head on my lap. I didn't feel that bad for knocking him out due his stubbornness.

I glanced down at his unconscious body while I ran my hand through this hair, it felt oddly peaceful. The previous phone call I had gotten was from Lewis about someone tailing me from Genesis' house. I knew they were already taking care of it but I needed to keep Genesis safe.

It was either the sneaky paparazzi or someone affiliated with the Mafia planning a hit on me. I knew they weren't careless so they'd wait until I least expected it but I was with Gen and knew they'd try and take him out to hurt me. I needed to use him and bring him to a public setting where they couldn't hurt him.

He'd never listen to me, talking about ' he's a man he can take care of himself' bullshit. Gen shifted his body which jerked me out my thoughts, he was going to be mouthy about it. He lifted his head and groaned when he felt his neck, he brought his face closer to the window to probably observe where we were. He snapped his head towards me and without thinking, punched me in my jaw. I saw it coming so I didn't retaliate but gave him a stern look.

" Put your fucking hands on me again and it gone be a fucking problem" he spoke through gritted teeth as he stared at me with anger written on his face.

" Relax amore, I needed you to stay with me so the people in that car " I pointed to the black BMW that was 3 cars down "wouldn't kill you and I knew you weren't going to listen" I shrugged as I finished.

" You could have said something, fuck. Done lost your mind choking me up like a fucking rag doll" he mumbled the last part but I still manage to catch it. He moved to the opposite end of the car and stared out the window until we came to a stop.

The driver notified me that we were at the restaurant, I chose somewhere near my company where all my members were waiting for a signal. We got out and headed inside.

" Why am I at this white ass restaurant?" he asked as he stared at the interior design. Although I wanted to keep him safe, I wanted to pursue him more and also make up for the fact that I hurt him. Taking the lift I pressed button to the floor which I had everything reserved for him.

" I don't want to be here, take me home" he groaned as he leaned against the elevator walls. I knew he was still angry at me for choking him.

" I'm sorry Bellissimo, let me make it up to you" I asked innocently and wrapped my hand around his waist and led him out the elevator onto the floor. He was about to shout but the manager approached and greeted us.

" Mr and Mr Almanzer, please follow me" he held his hand out for us to walk. I chuckled hearing him address Genesis as my husband and I took the liberty to glance at his reaction, to say he was angry was understatement. His pretty face was scrunched up.

" I fucking told you-" he spoke raising his voice " it's just an accident he won't do it again" I butt in to calm him down, he eyed me wearily and shook my hand of his waist to walk up further.

The manager left us when we approached to the doors leading to our table. Genesis opened it and his mouth was left agape, he then walked in and went straight to the clear window. The building towered above others to it was pretty high. The sky was darkening so the bright lights were shining brighter than before.

 The sky was darkening so the bright lights were shining brighter than before