Chapter 17

Genesis' POV

The thick scent of something burning was enough to wake me up. I coughed as I looked for any signs of smoke, but all I found was Lorenzo smoking his cigar at the door while getting dressed. He looked at me confused.

" Why do you look scared? Go back to sleep " he instructed as he began to put on his watch, with the cigar edged between his teeth. My nose scrunched up.

" if you gon smoke that shit in here, open up a window...shit smells like ass" I muttered to myself

" where you going?" I questioned annoyed as I watched him finish dressing himself.

" I'm going ou-"

" and leave without saying a damn thing? " I asked in shock

He chuckled as he walked around the bed and sat at the edge, pulling my body to his.

" No I'm not leaving without you, I was saying I'm going out to get us food but now you're awake, we can go together" he finished, blowing out the smoke before lightly grabbing my face. He leaned in close, i could smell his strong cologne and his mouth inches away from my own.

" you do know I ain't brushed my teeth yet?" I pushed him back slightly to create some distance.

" Do I care?" He pulled me forward and kissed me. Nigga nasty as hell, I groaned as he used his free hand to grip my hip, keeping me still. The feeling of being kissed with morning breath made me so uncomfortable, so I forced our lips apart.

" That's fucking nasty..." I spoke as I shook my head. "Where we going to eat?" I climbed out the bed and headed to the bathroom.

He shrugged " you'll see" he spoke picking up his ringing phone off the nightstand. I knew he would be talking about mafia shit, so I began to wash myself.

-------------------------------------------------

We left about an hour and a half ago and we still didn't reach this damn food place Lorenzo was talking about. When I finished my shower, Lorenzo had clothes on the bed for me to wear, it was a button down shirt with dark trousers. It was then he told me where we were going was a restaurant with a dress code, I groaned.

The car came to a halt, Lorenzo tapped my thigh as an inidcator to leave. I gazed at the building, it wasn't as big I would have thought it was but it was ... bright. Like there was a shit load of windows with a light shinning bright in every one of them. It didn't look near as I got out though, it seemed like we would need to drive to get to the actual building. Lorenzo helped me out the car as he ordered the driver to do something and there were bodyguards behind us.

"That isn't where we will be" he pointed to a much bigger building behind it, "That's where we will be". He lowered his hand onto my lower back and guided me to the vehicle we would be riding in. As we got in, it was silent. Not a bad silent, but it was as if we both enjoyed the silence, whole time he held my hand and didn't let go. The ride was short but it shocked me how secluded the place was.

"Follow me" and that's what I did. We walked through the entrance with staff greeting us and headed to our table. I hadn't realised how docile I had been up to now.

"We won't be eating with everyone" I was confused until he showed me his definition of 'further away'. He bought out a whole other floor.

"Lorenzo, you're crazy" I told him shaking my head. We sat down at the table and I didn't even realise what this was. It was a date, but it was an actual date now since our feelings were mutual.

"Bring the champagne and leave the bottle" he spoke to the waiter. He then turned to me and smiled, it was like a repeat of the last time we went out together. Wait, champagne? at this time of the day? I checked the time and my eyes widened, this whole time i didn't check my phone 'cause I was so caught up with Lorenzo. It was like 3 pm.

" What are you going to order? cause im hungry as hell" I asked nervousely looking at the menu to avoid his gaze.

" Whatever you're eating, I'll eat. " he spoke dismissively, waiting for me to ask the questions he knows I want to ask.

"Why did we come here? is this like a ... date?" I spoke the last word quietly afraid of his response. He chuckled

" I can't take my wife out to eat?" he replied. My face felt hot as i hid my face with the menu. I held it there before I lowered it to ask him a question.

"Do you really like me ? or is this like a sick  recent obsession where when you've had enough you'll be bored?" I needed to know what this was before I finally admitted what I'm feeling. What if he just likes the chase and when he gets me, he gets bored? I'd kill him but I would be upset too. The swirl of doubt in my mind was enough for me to try and pull back the hand Lorenzo has in his, but he held into my hand tighter.

" I'm deeply upset that you would reduce my love for you to a mere obsession" my eyes widened at the word love " yes, I thought I would start of with 'like' to ease you into it but now there's no need for it. I love you Gen, all the months we've known each other I've been wanting to tell you. You've brought peace into my life and you don't even know it. I know you still struggle with our relationship, but I'd die before I let you go to someone else without giving me a chance. Let me show you my love baby, go out with me please?" He finished, eyes fixated on me for my answer .

My mouth was left agape, he laid out everything on the table and nothing registered in my mind other than his ' I love you Gen'. I'd be dumb saying I was feeling this man, when I let him stroke my dick but I didn't think I loved him yet. Now was the time to say how I felt.

"I like you too 'Enzo, It's not love yet but hove I feel can't be changed..." I took a shaky breath before continuing " and yea I'll go out with you"I was finally at peace with how I felt. Enzo released a shaky breath of relief, as he smiled. I genuinely didn't think this man showed emotions like this. I got up and went to him for a hug but he grabbed and pulled me down onto his lap, and smothered me in kisses. I couldn't help the laugh that came out.

" so... we boyfriend's now? you're my man and I'm yours?" I asked staring at eyes, now I could appreciate my mans beauty anytime I want.

" yes baby, lets celebrate with champagne" he spoke as different kinds of champagne was brought over, he tapped my butt to get up. There was a small smile on my face as he spoke.

We continued to talk, his hand never leaving mine. We decided that we wouldn't tell anyone yet, mainly on my side, I definitely didn't want everyone knowing my business but pops, Kahlil and Ariana could know. During some of our conversations, I had to ask myself if it was real, if the happiness I felt was real

When we finished eating, we both just wanted to leave and was escorted to the car we drove in here with but 'Enzo said he wanted to drive. So that's how we ended up in a whole different car as he drove with me in the passenger seat, one hand holding my thigh. It was nice, with occasional small talk, we settled on silence. Him being content with me being there and me feeling a little overwhelmed by today.

I was drifting in out of sleep as Lorenzo watched me.

" Sleep, bellisimo. I'll wake you when we get to your house" I hummed as I fell asleep, however not before hearing him mutter 'I love you'

__________________
Hey, missed me? It was about time they stopped playing and got together.

Gen and Enzo forever 🪐

Excuse and errors, it's not long like the usual.

Love you all 💗