《22》

I'm so sorry for such a late chapter! I've been having a bit of a writers block and now school has come back to dampen the mood 🥲. I have this book planned to the end and there are only a few chapters left so I will try my hardest to get this done soon.

Enjoy ~ 💞

"What on earth is this?" An infuriated voice shrieked from the entrance of the studio where the boss stood with an unreadable expression while holding the phone to Chenle and Mark who merely shared a scared look with each other.

This was possibly the end of their careers yet it seemed so right to go down such a way, fighting for the right reasons.

"Our voices weren't being heard, Sir," Chenle started, holding his trembling hands to hide the fear that overwhelmed him. "We had no other choice. You must understand!"

This merely elicited a scoff from the dapper man who shook his head while tutting.

"This could ruin us. You do know that there are hundreds of protesters outside this damn building, refusing to leave until all is returned to normal?" He angrily hissed, eyes narrowed as he watched both Mark and Chenle share yet another look.

"Well that was our intentions. I can easily cancel all this if I get transferred back to Donghyuck and Jisung to here," Mark demanded, him too squinting as if to challenge the older man.

"It's simple really... I want Jisung and Mark wants Donghyuck. Where's the confusion?" The younger added, still fighting against his fear. "Mark didn't stutter, did he?"

Anyone could see how aggravated the boss was. His right eye was twitching and his lips were pulled into a frown. There was a prominent crease on his forehead as he thought through the different options he had - which were reduced to not very many...

Oh how badly he wanted to fire the spoiled brats in front of him, but there was no denying that they had brought the company high viewing rates - higher than ever before.

With Jisung's absence it had fallen again, and the hate they received with each broadcast was becoming more and more evident.

The public were unhappy with this change and although the weather was typically a short slot each evening, they seemed adamant on having 'Chensung' and 'Markhyuck' back after months of their change.

His stubborn self felt the urge to turn the boys down, and to not give them what they pleaded for for so long, but in his heart he knew that he needed them a lot more than they needed him.

So with great reluctance, the boss nodded his head, sighing with great loss.

"Just...ugh!" He yelled, grabbing nearby sheets and tearing them in rage. "Get those damn protesters away and we will deal with the transfer!"

Due to humiliation, he stormed out of the room, leaving two extremely pleased boys and an impressed crew behind.

"Chenle," Mark whispered, turning to the younger who was still visibly trembling. "High five."