《4》

"What on earth happened to you?" Chenle squealed as Jisung stepped through the door with both splatters of water and mud caked onto his clothes

He was wearing black jeans and a button-up shirt, and due to the run of hot summer weather they had received in recent weeks, Jisung had his shirt sleeves rolled up to just under his elbow.

His hair seemed to have been gelled and split in the middle, but what was left of his precise work was matted locks of slightly overgrown hair.

"I got splashed by a car," he whined childishly, strolling forward to go into the break room to have a quick breakfast before the broadcast begun.

"It hasn't rained in weeks, Jisung. How the hell do you get soaked by non-existent rain puddles?" The older glowered with a small huff, following his partner around the studio while giving out to him.

"Someone was washing their car and the drain was blocked, okay?"

He stepped away from the ravenette, his own heart feeling heavy at the events, but there was truly nothing that could be done at this stage.

Chenle disappeared off to somewhere, and in that moment, Jisung was slightly relieved. He hated it when Chenle yelled at him, and unfortunately it was a common occurrence.

The young presenter pulled at the soaked sleeves in disgust, a small frown playing in his lips as he watched the material stick to his skin once again.

"Great."

No longer letting his mind focus on this, he entered the kitchen, listening to the weak growls that his stomach released. He hadn't eaten anything that morning, and was finding his energy levels low.

He sat up to the table, a few cameramen and other crew members eating around the large table, but none initiated conversation with the younger, and Jisung was rather relieved at this.

He wasn't in the mood to deal with people, especially not after the run of unfortunate events all morning.

Jisung held the spoon of food to his lips, the scent of it making his stomach churn in delight.

"Park!" And the spoon fell, his eyes drooping with disappointment as he looked up at Chenle. "We're going shopping!"

"I told you already, Lele, I don't need new clothes. No one will notice if they focus mostly on you today," Jisung repeated, for what had to have been the hundredth time that morning.

Passing people gave the pair strange looks, but didn't comment on the fact that a fully grown man was being dragged around the shopping mall rather reluctantly.

Jisung's tummy refused to give him a break, so the constant grumbling only became stronger as it scolded him for following Chenle with no real fight.

"And I've told you, Park, I refuse to let you embarrass me on live television."

It had been Chenle's reasoning for years. But his small grudge, which had formed for no real reason bar the younger's flirtatious ways, had long since been dropped, yet Chenle still found himself fighting to be in control, even if it was a losing battle.

With a heaved sigh, Jisung turned to face the older and let himself appreciate the swelling feeling of joy in his heart.

"You're really pretty when you look determined," the brunette added in, flinching by instinct upon his assumption of an argument. Although when no snarky comment followed, Jisung looked down at their interlaced hands and merely hummed. "Thanks Lele."