《12》

Flashback to high school

"Are you still courting him?" Jaemin giggled as he watched his best friend stare longingly at the class president. "Earth to Jisung," he chuckled, waving his hand in front of Jisung's face.

The younger jumped in his seat while his eyes drifted away from a certain ravenette and back to his friend.

"Hmmm?"

"I was just asking you if you were still following him around like a lost puppy?"

Jisung sighed, gently carding his fingers through his hair as he stole one last glance at his crush before nodding.

"I see." A small silence grew between the pair as both fixed their gazes on the table across the room.

Zhong Chenle. He was quite the mystery to Jaemin.

Jisung had a long line of people who were willing to be with him, each and every one of them ignoring the fact that he would proclaim his love for Chenle in public places on a daily basis.

So there Jaemin sat, watching Chenle in wonder. Why wasn't he wooed by Jisung's effort?

"Maybe we should go and talk to him," Jisung suggested while flicking his gaze back to the blonde, seeing the unease on his face.

"I just think that maybe it's time to call it quits. Don't you think?"

The pout that the younger wore proved Jaemin wrong as only moments later, both boys were trailing over to the class president and his best friend Huang Renjun.

"Park Jisung. How can I help you this time?" The Chinese questioned with a subtle roll of the eyes as he crossed his legs and turned to the younger.

"Ummm....well...I know that I embarrassed both of us today when I tripped over the bag in geography, but I never got to finish what I was saying," He confidently spoke out, not even fazed when the other smirked before turning away.

"The answers the same as yesterday, and the day before that. It's still 'no', Jisung." A part of Jisung's heart broke each day as the cruel rejection continued.

He knew he would meet common ground with the older at some stage, but why couldn't he figure out where that common ground was?

"Well, Chenle, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." With a wink following his statement, Chenle couldn't help but smile at the presumptuous teen.

"I'll give you one thing, Ji," he quietly mumbled while standing from his seat, sending a glance at Renjun who had started to talk to Jaemin while the younger two conversed.

"And what's that?"

"You've got spirit. It'll pay off eventually, Jisung. Give it a break though."

With that, Chenle ruffled the brunette's hair before brushing past him.

Eventually. That was all Jisung needed to give him hope.

"I will get there....eventually."