《14》

Chenle almost jumped when he felt soft breaths fanned against his neck.

He soon relaxed when he saw the small pout that settled in Jisung's sleeping face.

He giggled when the younger puffed his cheeks out while squeezing his eyes shut to block out the bright rays of light that shot through the undrawn curtains.

"Ji?" The older whispered, leaning in the inhale the sweet scent of his hair.

Chenle liked this. He liked how close they were, even if he wouldn't admit that.

He ruffled the whining adult's hair, fondly smiling when he forced his eyes open with a groan.

"Hmmm?"

"We need to get up and ready, Ji. It's eight a.m."

The younger jumped, eyes widened as he took in his surroundings and searched through his mind to recollect what happened the night before. His shoulders slouched in a relaxed manner as he ironed out the previous night's events.

"Well then, I'll make us some food," the brunette offered while throwing his legs over the side of the mattress.

He was screaming internally, blessing the stars for the date the night before. Of course nothing intimate had occurred between the pair, but the whole day had been quite pleasant to say the least.

"I would love that."

Jisung trailed into the kitchen, opening a few cupboards to get the lay of the land before beginning to make the pancake batter.

They were lucky that they didn't have a presentation that day since another presenting pair were doing it, but they still needed to go in for research for the week to follow.

The pan heated up and with much repetition, there was a large stack of pancakes that threatened to fall off with even the slightest movement only minutes later.

"Lele?" He called out. The said boy peeped his head around the corner, his hair sticking up in unnatural angles as he came walking in quietly.

"It smells so good," he whispered while resting his head in his hands as he took a seat at the counter.

Jisung watched as the older spun around in the swivel chair childishly.

"Here you go." Jisung placed a plate with half of the pancakes in front of the older, smiling when an excited 'thanks' came from the usually uncomplimentary boy.

The two sat beside one another, basking in the calmness of the day.

The sun glimmering gave them the false hope of what was to come...for a storm was to follow the calm.

Hey guys! Sorry it was a bit late, but a shameless self promo is coming up....

So I just published a Markhyuck called 'Distance' if anyone is interested 🤷‍♀️ but if not, I'll see you the next update! 😉