《8》

"You ready to head out?" Jisung asked while throwing his blue suit jacket over his arm whilst he waited outside Chenle's bedroom

He had his fluffy, brown hair down naturally, falling over his eyes slightly. He wore a white button-up shirt and navy slacks.

The night hadn't yet turned cold, but the clouds were tumbling in to prepare for storm that the pair had detected only a little while ago.

It wasn't due for another four days, but by the looks of things, the next few days would be overcast anyway.

"Nearly ready. Ughhhh." Jisung chuckled in amusement before offering some help to the older who huffed, clearly embarrassed by the situation that he found himself in. "Yes please."

Jisung pushed against the door, letting himself in.

He had been over to Chenle's house on many occasions, such as dropping him home from business dinners when he got a little too drunk. Even back in their school days he would drop him home from parties and help him up the stairs.

What was new this time was going into the older's room. He had only ever brought Chenle to the door and waited outside a few moment to assure his safety. On the rare occasion, Chenle would invite him in for a tea or coffee, to which Jisung would obviously accept without considering.

"How do you tie a tie?" The ravenette groaned while knotting the black material angrily. "This is why I never wore them to school. They're stupid."

Jisung just stood by the door while watching his crush fondly. He could only imagine the dream he would be living in if his feeling were ever reciprocated.

"Silly," he mumbled, striding closer to the other. "Here."

Chenle turned into Jisung, gasping slightly when he underestimated their closeness. "Oh my God, sorry Ji." He stepped back while trying to stop his racing heart as he looked up at the slightly taller boy.

Jisung merely shook his head to dismiss the older's flustered state as he reached forward to unknot and retie the tie.

"How dashing, Lele. You look better every time I see you," teased before turning on his heel to leave.

Chenle looked at the retreating figure in his mirror, guilt seeping into his emotions as he saw the disheartened expression that the younger wore.

"Thanks Jisung. I really do appreciate the help," he called out before the door closed.

In return, he heard a small 'anytime' from the brunette before the door clicked shut.

That was the thing that bothered Chenle. Jisung was willing to do anything for him at anytime.

Why wasn't he able to be nicer? He had tried so hard to show some form of kindness to the younger, but he felt weak against the boy who got everything.

Chenle sure did feel special being the one thing that Jisung wanted and hadn't gotten. But why was he still fighting for someone who had shown him no hope of reciprocation of feelings?

He trailed to the door, deep in thoughts. He squeezed his hands into fists as he fought against the thumping in his chest.

Chenle threw the door open. Not too shocked when he saw Jisung on the couch, waiting.

"Let's do this." He held up his car key and tossed them towards Jisung who skilfully caught them just in time. "Shall we?"

 "Shall we?"