《9》

"May I?" Jisung opened the car for Chenle, smiling lightly as the older stepped out, blushing slightly as he brushed past his co-worker

"Thanks Ji," he mumbled gratefully before raising his gaze from the cracked pavement and to the expensive-looking restaurant they stood before.

His mouth fell agape as he practically smelt the money from the entrance which was left open.

"Jisung," he mumbled airily, turning around to see that the younger was locking up the car. He looked up after clicking the button, his eyes holding confusion as he tilted his head. "I didn't know that it was this fancy."

Jisung gasped, ruffling his own hair while stepping over the curb to get to Chenle.

"Do you not like it?"

Chenle was quick to deny, his heart swelling uncontrollably as he thanked the younger profusely for what would be an enjoyable dinner.

"Thank you so so much, Ji. I love it." As a sign of appropriation, Chenle held out his hand, smiling like a fool when Jisung took it, kissed it and pulled on it to lead him towards the door.

"My honour."

And so the night kicked off to a relatively successful start, Jisung would say.

They shared a glass or two of wine while flicking through the menu and holding small conversations that they had had many times before. Each word said between them seemed so much more interesting when there was nothing else to distract them. Not to mention that the wine had started to effect them slowly.

"Are you two ready to order?" A deep and rather husky voice interrupted, watching the two with a less-than-amused expression tickling his features.

Jisung looked him in the eye, reading the disgust that shone in them.

"I will have the pâté and bread as a starter..." he began before flicking his eyes back to the menu and running his fingers over the words to find his order. "And the steak as a main course please," he politely said, not wanting to cause any problems with the man who clearly wanted to say something about the pair.

"I'll have the pâté too, but the Indian curry as a main please," Chenle quietly requested, not really noticing the tension.

With nothing more said, the waiter turned on his heel and left Jisung and Chenle to continue what they were saying.

"Where was I?" Chenle mumbled while poking his chin in wonder. "Oh yeah! Remember that time on Valentine's Day when you came storming into my maths class with a bouquet of roses?" He chuckled, leaning forward on his elbow while resting his cheek on his palm.

He saw the blush spread across the younger's cheeks like wildfire.

"Of course I do, Lele. I tripped over a school bag after claiming my love for you. Everyone laughed at me!" He whined while hitting the ravenette playfully. "It wasn't funny."

"It was hilarious, Park Jisung. It was hilarious and cute."

Jisung looked in the other's eyes, trying to decipher the complicated emotions that the older felt.

"It was annoying when you did it everyday, but it was still cute."

Jisung nodded slightly, not really listening to what he was being told since his attention had been turned to the older's moving lips.

He had always wondered what it was like to kiss them. But being the decent young man he was, he refused to act on his curiosities.

"I do appreciate it though," Chenle mumbled, his voice knocking Jisung from his daze. After reading the younger's confused expression, he elaborated with a quick, 'I appreciate your patience, Ji.'