Trouble

"Miss (y/n), Thor has arrived home"

The sound of FRIDAY wakes you up. You've been living at the Avengers Facility for 6 months now. The team has become your family and you're the baby of that family, aside from Peter. You now have a bunch of overprotective brothers and one best friend-type brother, Harley. He doesn't come by often, but when he does, you two spend the whole day together. Your new family is more than you could have ever hoped for.

"Thanks FRIDAY"

You had asked her when Thor left to alert you when he got back. You jump out of bed and sprint to the elevator. The doors open at the speed of a microwave minute and you lay your eyes on him.

"THOR!"

"MERMAID!"

You run at him full speed and jump into his arms. He wraps you in a strong hug until you tap out.

"I see you've just woken up. Did no one tell you the news?" He asks looking at you in your pajamas.

 Did no one tell you the news?" He asks looking at you in your pajamas

You look at the rest of the team for answers. Finally, your eyes land on a man behind Thor. He's tall, slender, and very pale. The armor he's wearing is obviously Asgardian, but it's black and green, different from Thor's. While you're sizing him up, he seems to be doing the same to you.

"Who are you?" You both ask at the same time.

"You're the one in shackles, hun. Not exactly in the position to be asking questions"

Tony looks at you like a proud father while the rest of the team stares holes in the back of the newcomer's head. Except for Thor. He just smiles widely at both of you.

"Lady (y/n), this is my brother, Loki. He's to stay with us until he has proven himself a changed man"

"Adopted brother" Loki spits.

Tony slaps a cuff on Loki's wrist and takes off the shackles. He explains that the cuff will limit Loki's powers so that he is not a threat. You head into the kitchen and take out ingredients to make your infamous cinnamon roll pancakes.

"Hey Thor, does Loki want pancakes? He doesn't look like the type of person who would tell me if he did"

"Not even Loki could turn down your food, Lady (y/n)" Thor responds and claps his brother on the back which makes him flinch.

You throw on your apron that says I'll feed all you fuckers that Tony got you, much to Cap's dismay. Loki looks you up and down while you dump batter onto the griddle.

"What are you, the cook?"

"No"

"Then what are you, little mortal?"

"Well, not that to start"

"Not what?"

"Mortal"

He stops with the questions and just stares at you for a while. Five dozen pancakes later, everyone is sitting on the couches with food and coffee. There's only one spot left and Loki's the only one still standing.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have poisoned your food. Now sit down" you joke.

Loki cautiously sits down and takes a bite of the pancakes. His eyes light up a little at the taste, but just for a second. You smile knowing that he likes your food.

Tony explains that Loki will have the room across from yours since your floor is the only one with open rooms. After breakfast, you show Loki to your floor and his room. While you're walking, you notice raw skin around his wrists from the shackles. You hover your hand over the wrist closest to you just close enough to heal it but far enough so that it's not noticeable. The redness disappears and you try to reach his other wrist. This one takes a little longer since it is far away, but you manage to heal it before you reach the door.

He goes into his room and you go to yours. You're rooting through the closet for something to wear when FRIDAY's voice fills the room.

"Loki says thank you"

You smile and continue looking for clothes. You decide on a simple white crop top and black jeans. FRIDAY informs you that the team has left on a mission and you are on Loki duty until evening. Since it's just the two of you, and your song does not affect Asgardians, you head down to the pool.

You dive into the water and change into your siren form. (You can change the colors if you want, I just thought this looked cool).

 (You can change the colors if you want, I just thought this looked cool)

It feels amazing to let your tail stretch out. You spent most of your life in this form and your body is not yet used to being human all the time. You haven't been able to sing in a while either. Not after the incident soon after you got here. That is how you found out that Asgardian's aren't affected, though, so that's a plus.

You dive deep into the pool and begin to sing.

Even though you haven't used your voice, it is as angelic as ever. Your song is interrupted by a loud splash. You look around and see Loki slowly sinking. His raven hair floats around his face and his eyes look glazed over. Oh shit

You swim over to him and pull him from the water.

"Release" you whisper.

His eyes turn back to normal and he coughs up water. Once his lungs have filled with air again, his eyes find you, in full siren form, resting your arms against the edge of the pool watching him.

"You're... you're a siren"

"And you're not Asgardian" Loki looks at you with wide eyes and you continue. "My song does not affect Asgardians, so you're clearly not from there. You don't need to tell me where you're from and I won't tell the others. I'm sorry for controlling you"

"You have a beautiful voice"

"Well, that's kinda the point" you laugh.

"You're the only one who's nice to me, why? Is this some sort of trick?"

"It's not a trick, you just haven't given me a reason to hate you. And now that I know I can control you, I don't suggest giving me a reason" you tease.

A small smile creeps its way onto Loki's face. He takes your hand, kisses the back of it, and leaves.