Unforgettable

A/N: I just want to clear some stuff up about timing. I changed it in the beginning so that you have been living at the complex for 6 months to sync it up with the school year. You start at school in mid April and it is now mid June. And yes, I know this all seems to be happening very fast, but keep in mind that both you and Loki and literally centuries old. I hope this makes more sense. Sorry for any confusion!

It's your last week in Asgard and, you're laying in bed just think about everything. You miss having Loki asleep at your side. He always calms you down when your mind races like this. You try to close your eyes when you realize something and shoot up.

You're late.

You get out of bed and rush out the door. The tile floor is cold on your feet as you tiptoe through the halls. When you reach Loki's door, you pound on it. He opens the door sleepily and looks at you.

"Love, what's wrong?"

"I'm late, Loki!"

"Late for what? It's past midnight!"

"I'm two weeks late! I'm never late"

"Wait... do you mean?"

You nod vigorously and his eyes light up. He picks you up and spins you around!

"I'm going to be a father!" When he puts you down, he puts his hands on your stomach. "Our miracle baby"

"I haven't taken a test yet, so we can't be sure" you explain.

"Well, we have to take to to the healers in the morning to make sure. But tonight, you're staying here. I want you and my baby right here with me"

You climb into bed with Loki and he wraps his arms around your stomach.

"What do you think about Juno for a boy?" Loki whispers.

"And Harper for a girl" you respond.

"I love it"

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

In the morning, you both wake up excited. Loki gets you some comfortable clothes and leads you to the healers.

When you get there, Loki explains why you are there and the ladies direct you to a bed behind a curtain

"She's going to use magic to check, love. It's perfectly safe" Loki tells you after noticing your heartbeat raise.

He holds your hand the whole time and a smile spreads across the woman's face.

"It looks like you're just about 5 weeks along, dear" she tells you.

"We're going to have a baby in 35 weeks, Lokes" you say squeezing his hand.

He kisses the top of your hand and helps you up. You walk to breakfast hand in hand absolutely beaming. Loki pulls out your chair for you and you sit down and begin grabbing food. You and Loki keep glancing back and forth at each other with huge grins.

"Okay, you two. What's going on here?" Frigga finally speaks up with a little laugh at your behavior.

Loki looks at you and you nod.

"(Y/n) is pregnant!" Loki almost shouts.

Thor comes over and gives you a big hug followed by a sweeter one from Frigga. Odin stays in his seat deep in thought.

"Well, then you must get married. We must cover up your foolishness"

Everyone stops the celebration and looks at Odin. Loki is the first to respond.

"We live on Midgard, not here. We don't have to follow your outdated traditions. We're going home." He grabs your hand and you follow him out.

You cross the rainbow bridge and greet Heimdall.

"Take us home, please Heimdall" you request kindly.

"Of course, Lady (y/n) and congratulations"

You land on the roof of the avengers complex and Loki stabilizes you. He leads you downstairs, being overprotective and you enter the living room.

"You're back early" Tony points out from his spot on the couch.

"Yeah, Odin was being a dick" you say plopping down on the couch.

Tony laughs and Sam comes running into the room.

"(Y/N)!"

"SAM!"

You run to each other and immediately do your handshake. At the end you hug and you spot Bucky coming into the room from behind him.

"Thank god you're back, kid. He's been insufferable since you left."

You go back to your spot on the couch and lay your head in Loki's lap.

Do you want to tell them? Loki asks.

Not yet. I want to see who figures it out first. My money's on Clint since he's the only one with kids.

Oh, it's on. I bet it'll be Tony. He's too nosy not to know.

You both laugh until a wave of nausea washes over you. Loki looks down at you in concern, but you wave it off. It's just something you're going to have to get used to. You get up from the couch and go to your room for some peace.

You sit on your bed with your hands on your stomach. It's still the same size, but knowing that your baby is in there is still crazy.

"Hey, baby. Your mommy and daddy love you very much and we can't wait to meet you. I know you're just the size of an apple seed right now, but I like to think you can hear me"

You close your eyes and sing a lullaby that you learned during your travels.

"Los pollitos dicen pio, pio, pio
Cuando tienen hambre, cuando tienen frío
La gallina busca el maíz y el trigo
Les da la comida y les presta abrigo
Bajo sus dos alas, se están quietecitos
Y hasta el otro día, duermen calentitos"

You drift off to sleep and are woken up later by voice next to you.

"No mother is ever, completely, a child's idea of what a mother should be, and I suppose it works the other way around as well" then a pause and the sound of a book closing slightly, "but your mother, little one, is amazing. Your mother is the best thing that ever happened to me as you will be to us"

You open your eyes fully and smile.

"Are you reading The Handmaid's Tale to our unborn child?"

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

A/N: My mom used to sing me that lullaby so it's super important to me. I hope anyone who is Hispanic can now see a little bit of themselves in this character. After all, it is you. I try to make this as inclusive as possible. When I choose hairstyles, I try to make them suitable for all textures and I try to get a variety of fashion sense because I know we all aren't the same. Please please please let me know if there's anything I can be doing better. I'm always open to suggestions and criticism.
Kendall😘