Moment's Silence

"God you like to talk. Can we cut the bullshit and go back to trying to kill each other?" You interrupt Thanos's monologue and twirl your spear in your hand. It feels good to be back.

Fighting ensues and you fall in place beside Cap. The two of you work together as if no time has passed. Each attack easily blocked by one why the other offers a counter. Thor launches Mjolnir at the titan and you hold your hand out to retrieve it, but it stops just short of you.

"I knew it!" Comes from Thor across the battlefield as Steve Rogers grips the judgy hammer.

You charge Thanos with Cap close behind you. Shards of ice bounce off his armor so you change your course of attack. While the boys continue their pursuits, you activate a button on the intercom system effectively blocking out your voice on their earpieces. Distracted by the attacks, Thanos doesn't notice what you're doing until your voice trickles into his ears causing everything to go fuzzy.

Before he is completely under your spell, his hand shoots out and wraps around your throat. You release his mind and start to gasp for air. Thanos squeezes tighter as you struggle, trying to pry his hand off. He tosses you to the side just before you would have passed out and goes back to taking out the other three.

The world spins and everything sounds miles away. All you can do is sit still in order to even be able to get up in a while. Faint voices seem to come from no where just before sparking circles appear all around the rubble. The first to appear are T'Challa, Shuri, and Okoye. You can't help but smile as you try to get back up.

"Woah woah woah, not so fast my little siren"

A pair of arms wrap around you from behind and help you to stand. You turn around to face him and collapse into his chest, his face nuzzled in your hair. He's back. Your Loki has returned home.

You step back to take in the sight of him and open your mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. That purple bastard had crushed your larynx. Loki looks at you concerned, so you place your hand on his chest to calm him.

I'll be okay, my love. We have to go help the others

He definitely doesn't believe you, but knows there's no use in arguing. You both join the rest of the group and fight back to back as you used to, the witty remarks now passed in silence.

"(Y/n), some help over here!" Stephen shouts. He's single-handedly trying to hold back a broken dam. You start to run toward him but are quickly dropped next to him with a few stray sparks in your place. Now with your help, the water is much better held back. Next thing you know, now Peter is shouting for help. You turn the water to ice and head toward Peter as Stephen yells after you about how that would have been helpful earlier.

Along with the other female avengers, you guard Peter and help to get the gauntlet as far away as possible. Peter stops next to you and starts to ramble about everything that happened. You just smile and listen, happy to see him again. Then his voice dies down and he just stares behind you. You turn and see Tony with the stones in is suit about to snap.

"And I and Iron Man"

He snaps and Thanos's army slowly turns to dust. The mad titan looks on in horror as he himself disappears.

Tony stumbles, trying to steady himself before falling against some debris. Everyone rushes over to him. You try to push to the front in order to heal him but Loki holds you back shaking his head. "The damage is too much for you to fix. You'll kill yourself trying"

The group says their goodbyes as you fight back against Loki. He finally lets you go after Pepper backs away and you throw yourself toward Tony. You use all of your power trying to heal him. Your family looks on tearfully, knowing your attempts will be in vain, but none of them have the heart to pull you off of him. Fatigue starts to take over and you lean back. A strained sob escapes you and Loki helps you up.

He shouldn't have done that. I can't save him.

Loki listens to your cries and whispers "I know"s trying to calm you. Everyone around you starts to take a knee and you follow suit, squeezing the hand of your fiancé next to you.

"Well that was pretty dramatic even for me" an all too familiar cocky voice says. You look up to find Tony looking at all of you with a crooked grin.