Talk Me Down

A/N: I just want to clear something up. You look 17 and in comparison to other sirens, are about 17, but in reality, you were born in 1678.

Also: Mentions of rape and abuse

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

After finding out that you're a siren, Loki started reading up on them. That led to the situation you're in now. You're sitting on the living room floor dealing cards to play BS with Loki while he asks you questions. That was the deal, he gets to ask questions as long as he plays a game with you.

"So do you eat people?"

Of course it's that question. That's always the first question.

"Did you give birth to an eight-legged horse?" You ask in response.

"What?"

"I didn't think so. Don't believe everything in those books"

Loki nods and picks up his cards. You organize your cards and he puts down the ace of spades. The game ends very quickly when you figure out that lies tickle Loki's nose.

That's the only time he talks to you. Just to ask questions, but it's more than he talks to anyone else, so it'll have to do for now. You announce that you're going for a swim and head for the elevator.

"Would you mind if I join you? I'd like to ask more questions"

The two of you go down to the pool and Loki sits in a chair far away enough to talk but not get wet.

"Loki, close your eyes"

"Why?"

"What exactly do you think happens to my clothes when I change forms? Now shut your eyes"

A hint of pink flashes across his cheeks and he closes his eyes. You dive in and change right before hitting the water. Loki opens his eyes when he hears the splash. You swim while he asks questions for about an hour.

"So I know you can heal and change forms. What else can you do?"

"Wait, YOU HAVEN'T MET ELVIS" you squeal.

"No, I haven't met Elvis considering he's dead"

"My horse, not the singer. Come on!"

You climb out of the pool and when you change back, your clothes re-appear on your body.

"I've never actually tried this with someone else before, so I hope you don't die or anything" you ramble while taking his hand.

You squeeze your eyes shut and send your mind to the beach.

"Oh, and hold your breath"

Loki looks at you with wide eyes, but follows your orders. He blinks and suddenly he's standing in the middle of the Lower Bay with you leaning against him. You place a bubble over his head so he can breathe and whistle for Elvis. Your body is weak and you can barely stand, hence the leaning.

"Remind me not to teleport in human form" you slur right before passing out.

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

Your eyes peel open to bright white lights. You immediately go into panic because the lights look the the bright sky over a ship. Specifically the ship of Blackbeard.

"No no no" you whimper and shake.

The horrors you experienced while aboard that ship were too much to bear again. They had captured and gagged you after you had tried to lure them out. You were passed from ship to ship for great sums until 1803 when you were saved.

The door swings open and Loki rushes up to you with the other Avengers right behind him. You latch onto Loki and cry into his shoulder. His slender figure and sleek black hair looking familiar. Tony tries to pry you from him, but you scream and hold on tighter.

"NO! DON'T LET HIM TAKE ME. Don't let them hurt me again, Shih Yang"

Loki picks you up and hushes you. He takes you from the room and into his own. You're gently placed on the bed and he sits next to you. You crawl into his lap and continue to weep into his tunic.

"Hey, hey, you're safe now. There's no one else here" he whispers.

He lays you down in the bed once you've calmed down some and sits at the edge of the bed watching over you. You slowly drift off to sleep but not before mumbling "I love you Shih Yang"

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

When you wake up, your head is clearer and memories of earlier come back.

"How are you feeling?"

You turn and see Loki sitting next to you with a book in his hands.

"Better. I'm sorry about all that"

"Don't apologize. That obviously brought back some bad memories. Would you like to talk about what happened?"

"Don't tell the others. They can't know about this"

He nods and motions for you to put your head in his lap. You comply and you start your story while he combs through your hair with his fingers.

"In 1700, I was captured by pirates. Blackbeard specifically. I had tried to drown them, but they gagged me and kept me on the ship. They would... they would force me into my human form and... maybe it's just better if I show you"

You sit up and pull your shirt up over your shoulders. Scars litter your back from whips, knives, burns and even bullet holes. You cover them back up and lay back down.

"I can only die in my siren form, so they could do whatever they wanted. Sirens aren't exactly appreciated by Pirates, but that's not even the worst of it. Every night at least one of them would come in and well, eventually I became pregnant. When they found out, they did this"

You now lift up the front of your shirt to reveal a large scar across your stomach.

"I was sold from ship to ship and life carried on like that. One hundred and three years of hell until I was saved. Her name was Shih Yang. The fiercest female pirate to sail the seas and the first person I ever loved. Since a siren's song only works on males, she never had a problem with us. She raided the ship I was on, found me, and took me in. We sailed and fought by each other's side. Eventually, she fell in love with a man and I left. You remind me of her. Tough exterior, but all soft on the inside"

Loki smiles down at you and wipes a tear from your face.

"I won't let that happen, little siren. You're safe with me"