deja vu

After agreeing to help the team, you call Parker over and tell him that he's going to meet the rest of his family. He turns to the two men he doesn't know and you introduce them as Uncle Scott and Uncle Tony.

"Eff off" Parker says when he walks up to Tony.

Your eyes widen and you pick him up. "Parker Laufeyson! Why would you say that?"

"That's what you say when he's on tv" Parker whines, pointing at Tony.

Your face turns beet red and Cap busts up laughing.

"I see you haven't changed at all" Tony replies with a smirk and leads you to the door.

A rag tag group of Avengers and a toddler walk out of the apartment (that sounds like the beginning of a joke). Tony has a car big enough to fit all of you and tells you that Morgan's car seat is still in the back. You all pile in and he drives to the compound.

Once there, Steve takes Parker and you all walk in to meet the others. It seems as though you're the last one there. Tony gets everyone's attention and you step out from behind him. A smile creeps it's way onto Nat's face and she rushes toward you. You hug each other for a while until she looks behind you and sees that Steve is carrying a child. He puts Parker down and you have him walk over to you.

"Meet Parker Laufeyson" you smile as he clings to your leg suddenly getting shy.

"Shouldn't it be Lokison or have you forgotten Agardian tradition already?"

Your head snaps in the direction of the voice. "Thor, I see you finally decided to get up off your ass. But since this is Midgard, I decided to follow Midgardian tradition instead of the place that kidnapped me twice"

Everyone looks taken back by the hostility between the once family members. You look bath to the team, turning your back on Thor.

"So, what's the plan?"

༛༛ ༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛ ༛༛

"Time travel? Are you-" you look to Cap and he covers Parker's ears "fucking kidding me?"

Parker's ears are uncovered and he snickers at you. "Mommy said a worty dird" he giggles, relieving some of the tension.

The Avengers gather around as they used to. Some spots missing, some filled by welcomed help. Teams are to be assigned. One for each infinity stone. Cap snags your for his group, not wanting to leave you after all these years. He still worries and you can tell. He's not the best at hiding his emotions.

With Cap, Tony, and Scott, you're headed to a time before you even knew the Avengers. A time before you knew what your life would be. You only have one shot to get that life back. 6 stones, 3 teams, 1 shot.

Parker is dropped off with Pepper and Morgan, and you pray to the gods that you come back to him. With or without Loki.

Cap gives one of his cheesy, yet inspiring speeches before you all depart. He takes your hand and calms your shaking. Lights flash as you're shot through a tunnel, not unlike the Bifrost, then, chaos.

Turned over cars, rubble, and screams surround you as you land on your feet in New York. You've never seen the city in this state. Of course you've fought battles and seen New York in pretty shitty shape, but this, this is bad.  A sad smile spreads across your face. Anyone else would think you had lost it, but Cap places his hand on your shoulder.

"We'll get him back. We'll get them all back"

You nod softly and head off in the direction of Stark Tower. Standing in the lobby, waiting for your cue, the chatter from the other three comes in through your earpiece. You do your best to tune most of it out, but can't help but laugh when you hear, "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass" You bite your lip to stay quiet and shake your head.

The elevator dings as it makes its way down to your floor. You straighten your shirt and keep your head held high trying to look as if you have a purpose here other than theft. The team files out of the elevator and a small gasp escapes your lips at the sight of him. Battered and bruised with a muzzle over his mouth. Your heart pounds in your chest the world around you fades out. Loki becomes your only focus until Tony passes by. Him leaving snaps you back to reality. This is not your Loki. This is not the man you know. Tony tells you he's gone and you start toward the group of men. Scott pulls the pin and past Tony drops.

"Scott, cover your ears" you mumble. The next words flow out of your mouth easily. You haven't had to use them in a long time, but they're just as powerful as ever. Even at this soft tone, soft enough so only this specific group of men can hear you, their eyes glaze over. Ignoring your actions, mesmerized by your voice, you pick up the case and make your way out. Well at least you tried to.

A door flies into you with the force of the Hulk behind it. You go clattering to the floor and the case slides across the floor. The room spins as you try to get up and you clumsily make it outside with Scott to meet Tony and wait for Cap.