12

Mayah huffed almost out of breath as she tried to haul her suitcase out of her bedroom. It has been approximately one day since Christan left for Australia. She'd already put down her security deposit on the apartment plus her first month's rent. All she had left to do was pack up her past and move into her future.

"Please tell me that's the last of your stuff." Amara cried dramatically. She was barely breaking a sweat as compared to Myah. The girl only carried two boxes.

"This is the last of my clothes but I still have my wig making materials in the spare room to carry down." Myah said as she struggled to roll the suitcase down their narrow stairs.

"Hey girl? I don't mean to be a downer or nothing but are you sure that man don't have any cameras up in here? He could be watching us right now." Amara blurted out.

" I won't put it past him but nah, he'd definitely tell me if he put up cameras inside the house. We're all clear."

" I sure hope so. He's gonna lose his shit when he gets back to an empty home. You do know that he's gonna come get you right?"

" It'll be crazy if he didn't...but he would not know where I'd be." Myah said pointedly.

She would be a fool to let him trace her whereabouts. She'd already planned to turn of her location and hide anything that could possibly give away where she's staying. She'd eventually allow him to come see her but he'd have to learn to accept that she's gone and not rush to attempt to bring her back home.

The two women continued carrying boxes for another twenty minutes until the only thing that remained in Myah's room were the sheets on her bed.

"Okay everything's packed except for my bed. The apartment has a walk in closet that I could use. I don't need to carry the one I have." Myah said examining the items in the back of the rented U-haul truck.

"Whew. I am hungry as fuck. Let's go get something to eat girly." Amaya said  rubbing her belly.

Amaya drove her car back to Myah's new apartment whilst Myah drove the rented U-HAUL truck.

The drive back to her new place felt very strange for her. She was really about to do this living alone thing huh. Not wanting to overthink herself into a premature anxiety attack, Myah practiced the breathing techniques her therapist taught her. She tried her best to think positive. This was a big step for her to improve on her life. To grow and mature without Christian there to hold her back.

"He's gonna be so mad." She thought out loud.

'Let him be mad.' her inner voice respond. 'if he really only wants what's best for you then he'd support your decision.'

Agreeing with her thoughts, Myah shook her head and focused on driving.

Finally pulling up into the driveway she parked the truck infront her apartment.

Amara was already waiting for her.

"Are you going to help me move all this stuff in this weekend?" Myah asked.

"I don't know...I may have some plans this weekend.

"Oh okay. Well that's okay if you can't but I would really appreciate it if you could."

"I'll see what I can do. Now c'mon let's go eat "

The two women enjoyed a hefty lunch at a local grill place. They laughed and made future plans. Myah talked about her plans for opening her hair studio and   Amara spoke about the future of her boutique.

Myah returned from the bathroom to meet Amara cheesing away at her phone.

"What's got you smiling like this?" Myah asked taking her seat.