07

Christian put the vehicle in park having now reached his driveway. He was finally home from work and he was tired.

Exiting the car, he gathered his things ready to enter the house. Before he could enter though, he made sure to check the mail box for any new mail. Especially any new letters from Myah's mother. He was lucky that Myah never checked the mail. She had no reason too since all her postage and packages she ordered were too big to fit in the box and came right to the front door.

Checking quickly he saw that there was none yet. He made a mental note to check again at the end of the week. Walking into the house Chris was bombarded with the delicious aroma of spices and seasonings, meaning that Myah was busy cooking.

As he made his way into the kitchen the smell became stronger and his stomach immediately rumbled from hunger. One thing that he loved about Myah was her ability to make anything taste heavenly. 

Myah who was so absorbed into the pot she was stirring didn't even hear when Christian walked into the kitchen. Her hands were working but her mind was completely somewhere else. She was thinking about how she was going to bring about the subject that has been weighing on her mind ever since her talk with her therapist. It had been a week since they discussed it but she had yet to even bring it up with him. So she decided to converse with him over a nice warm meal tonight.

She knew deep down that he would shut the idea down and that it would make no sense even bringing it up but some part of her mind keeps urging her to go ahead with it. Myah wasn't even sure what she wanted to think about it. Whether she would accept the fact that Christian's behaviour maybe a little too controlling and forget about it or challenge it for once and be a more independent in her actions.

The sound of keys jingling startled her and she quickly looked up to see Christian walking into the kitchen. 

'' Hey." He said coming to rest his things down unto the counter. She wasn't expecting him for another thirty minutes or so.

"Hey. Didn't know you were here already." She replied checking the bubbling ots on the stove.

"I've been home for almost five minutes now. You seemed to be deep in thought. Everything okay?" 

Myah shook her head yes. " Uh yeah. I'm Okay..just a lil tired is all." she half lied. She was a little tired but that wasn't the complete reason why she was so out of it.

"You didn't have to cook if you weren't feeling okay. I could've just ordered something." Chris said with concern. Always concerned.

"No...I wanted to cook. It's been a while since we had a nice dinner together anyways. I'm making corn pie and baked turkey." she announced wiping her hands to get started on the salad.

"With that special gravy?" He asked a hungry smile on his lips.

"Yup. But I made just enough so don't be drinking it like its soup and then complaining when there's no more left for your turkey." she scolded him and his habits.

"Whatever mom." He sassed rolling his eyes. " Lemme help with something." he said coming to wash his hands. 

"Uuhhh." She pursed her lips.

"Don't give me that face queenie. I've been learning."

Myah was always skeptical whenever Christian wanted to help her cook. He couldn't follow simple instructions for shit, having her to always go back after him to fix it up. Luckily she only had the salad remaining to prepare. He couldn't possibly mess that up.

Before she could reply, the shrill ringing of his phone pierced the air. Christian answered on the third ring. Myah continued making the salad whilst he spoke on the phone. The conversation started in english but quickly switched to korean not enabling her to eavesdrop.