06

Mayah sat on one of the beach chairs that surrounded the pool

Mayah sat on one of the beach chairs that surrounded the pool. She stretched her limbs a little, closing her eyes, as she took in a deep breathe. The cool and crisp forest air surrounded her and the soothing chirping of birds brought her peace.

This was their last official day in Mexico but the small villa she and Chris were currently occupying was making her hesitant to leave.

It was located not too far from the beach, a set of wooden huts equipped with everything they needed. The lush, green forest that surrounded the secluded villa was truly beautiful and made them feel as if they were really living in the wild.

It was definitely worth the amount she paid for the time spent.

"I can't get enough of this place. We should've booked here from the beginning." Christian spoke coming to sit besides her on one of the chairs. He'd been waking around the little trials that surrounded the villa, taking non stop photos. He wanted to remember every single detail of this vacation.

"I know right. I don't wanna leave. I'm really happy we took this time of Chris. It was something I never knew I needed." Myah replied with a content sigh.

"What should we do on our last night here?" Christian asked.

"Mhm. Dinner sounds good. We're not fair from the little village where everything is. How about we try the one we passed on our way here." She suggested remembering the outdoor restaurant. She loved the color scheme and the rustic look it had to it.

"Dinner sounds great. I really love all the local cuisine."

"And I also have something to tell you, but I'll wait till tonight." She said already awaiting Christian's comments.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Christian quickly replied wishing she'd tell him now. He didn't like guessing whether it was something good or bad she wanted to tell him.

"Everything's fine Chris."

"So why do you need to wait till tonight to tell me?"

"Because I want to. Don't worry your head about it."

"Are you sure queenie?"

"Chris." Myah stated giving him a reassuring smile. She should've just waited till tonight to tell him. Now he was all worked up over nothing.

Christian sighed not satisfied with it but decided to just try to push back the feeling until tonight.

The two of them continued their day with resting and lounging. Christian occupied most of his time with updating and editing his pictures and videos while Myah ate and slept.

Christian who was currently spread out on one of the large chairs in their hut looked up from his laptop to gaze upon Myah who was currently snoozing on her bed. She looked so peaceful and carefree when she slept and he wanted her to be like that all the time.