05

Myah

Three days into our vacation and all I can say is that its been the best three days of my life. Well not really but it can be added to that list. All I've been doing is resting and relaxing except for those few times when Chris coerced me into experiencing some new things like canoeing and jet skiing. I enjoyed them but it was a little too much excitement for me. I was more of the stay in the sun all day and fruity margarita sipping type of girl.

I waddled my feet in the shallow, cool water of the pool where I was currently sitting in. Chris and I were enjoying our last day at this hotel before we headed to our final hotel for the rest of our stay here in cancun. I insisted that Chris made me pay for that location since he'd already did so much for our trip already. After much protest and deliberation from him, he finally allowed me to book it. It was a beautiful location just like our current one but in a more secluded area. 

I looked over to Christian who was getting another drink at the bar. He was chatting with another woman who sat next to him. This was how it's been since the moment he got here. Lustful looks and gazes from all type of women wherever he went. He was a handsome guy with amazing body, no surprise there. It was the same for me but the difference was Chris seemed to be handling the attention better than me. It just made me uncomfortable and anxious.

I allowed my eyes to scan over the pool, watching as other soak up the sun and play in the water. My gaze happened to fall on that same guy who gave me the creeps from the first time I encountered him on the beach. This was the second time I was seeing me since that day. He kept my gaze and gave me a smile that might of looked friendly but only made my skin crawl. I don't know what it was about him though, he just screamed bad vibes. 

The strange man only made it worse when actually started swimming from his end of the pool towards me. I stood up abruptly, getting ready to leave and in my rush I found myself bumping into something hard, throwing me off balance slightly.

"Hey, hey, where are you going so quickly?" Came Christian's voice as he tried to balance two drinks in his hands and steady me.

"Oh. Uh I was coming over to you." I replied looking back to see that the guy was nowhere in sight. I took a deep breathe, calming my already raging nerves.

"Well I was coming to you. You still wanna hang out by the pool or go to the beach?" 

"Yeah. Let's do that." I answered not wanting to be here anymore. I knew he wouldn't come around me if Chris was there but my spirit still felt troubled. 

"I see you were chatting it up over there." I smirked before taking a sip of the drink Chris had brought me. We were making our way to the sandy shores of the beach. It was a beautiful day today, the sun wasn't too hot, the wind was nice and cool so a lot of people were out taking advantage.

"Neh." He scoffed making a sour face. causing me to choke on my drink.

"What was wrong? she wasn't pretty enough for you?" I asked curiously.

"It wasn't that...Her voice was just really annoying to me and to make it worse even after my blank disinterested expression and replies she didn't get the hint and kept talking and talking. My ears are probably bleeding right now." He said making me full out laugh his time. My best friend was so messy a times.

"Chris, that's not a nice thing to say." I fake scolded him.

"What? You try sitting around an annoying fly for five minutes and tell me how it feels."

"Whatever guy. You're just a mean person." I shrugged lying unto the beach chair we stopped by.

"You would know. I got all my attitude from you." He rolled his eyes taking a seat on the one next to me.