03

Christian's POV

It's been a week since Myah heard the devastating news of the passing of her therapist and she's been taking it pretty badly. However being her usual, stubborn self she's keeping it all pent up inside.

No matter how much I tried to get her to open up about how's she doing she shuts me out. However I try not to pressure her. It won't help the situation. As much as she's close to me she tends to keep things inside because she feels like she's being a burden to me.

Unfortunately for her, I won't allow her to sulk around and spiral into another fit of depression. She's endured so much in her young life already. I hated seeing her so down and out trying to put on a brave face when I knew she was crumbling on the inside.

I walked into the house coming home from a long day at work. Although I loved my job it still had it's difficulties. I had to deal with stubborn and rude clients who felt entitled just because they're paying me for a service.

My mood instantly lit up when I saw Myah struggling to carry some boxes. I took a minute to admire her distress before going over to help her. Walking towards to her I felt in instant change in the air. It felt lighter and brighter. It even smelled good.

"Honey I'm home." I said putting my things down on the counter.

"Oh hey." She gave a small smile still trying to balance her load. "Are you really going to stand there and watch me struggle?" Myah spoke a little out of breath.

"You didn't ask." I shrugged pretending to ignore her.

"Chris! Really?!" She groaned. "Can you help me please?"

I chuckled at her annoyed expression while I took the entire thing from her.

"Why would you even attempt to carry this heavy ass thing by yourself Queenie." I couldn't help but scold her to which she rolled her eyes.

"Because I didn't want to empty it out just to refill it again."

"But you could've just wait till I came home and let me do it." I still ended up doing it regardless.

"Arrgh Chris I can't keep relying on you for  everything okay? Place it there." She pointed towards a corner.

I refrained from commenting because I didn't want to get her worked up about it. However I was happy that she's spoken more than just a few words to me for the past week.

"Thanks." She mumbled going back into her room before I could even try initiate more conversation. I heard her coming back a few minutes later with another smaller box that she carried with ease.

"How was work?" Myah inquired coming to stand at the counter.

"The usual. Just today I had a difficult client to shoot. But still turned out good." I shrugged looking through the fridge.

"What about you. You seem a bit lively today." I commented on her change in demeanor.

"Yeah. I felt a bit energetic today. Did some cleaning too. Now I'm just labeling some hair." Myah said her face and voice void of emotion. Almost like she was programmed to say it.

"No wonder it smells like fairies and sunlight shit in here." I furrowed my brows.

"That's the lavender and rose oils I put in the diffuser." She cracked a little smile at my joke.

"I'm not even gonna ask what a diffuser is but let's go out for dinner tonight." I announced hoping she'd agree. I had some special news for her and I wanted to set the mood with some nice food and  maybe some wine.