04

Myah

I waited patiently scrolling through my phone as Christian went about the room rumbling through draws.

"Queenie did you see my-oh nevermind I found it." He said before chucking an item into his suitcase on the bed.

I offered to help him pack but he insisted to do it on his own. Mouthing something along the lines of me over packing and forgetting his things.

"Chris it's almost seven, we need to be at the airport for eight. It may seem like enough time but you know how L.A traffic gets." I sighed. Leave it to Christian to procrastinate on packing.

"I know Myhz and we'll be leaving soon. I just need to make sure I get all my equipment in."

"Why do you even need all of that? I thought this was our unwind and relax time?" I asked wondering why he was bringing along half of his cameras.

"Yes it is...BUT photography is part of relaxing for me. Imagine all the amazing shots imma take."

"Well try to hurry it up. This is my first time travelling out of the country and I don't want to be in a rush or miss the flight."

"Yeah I'm just missing my drone and them we can get going."

I left his room after that going to do a double check on my passport and ticket. I packed Christian's own because I know it's his forte to be forgetful.

About ten minutes later Christian came out dragging his suitcase behind him.

"Hey Myha you seen my passport. I know I left it on the-"

"I have it and the ticket. I called for an uber already It'll be here in... two minutes." I confirmed after checking the app.

"Look at you being all prepared." Christian teased to which I rolled my eyes.

"And look at you being late."

"I'm not late. You're just extra early."

"Whatever...help me get my stuff outside."

Luckily for us we took some back roads which helped us avoid major traffic. By the time we arrived at the airport we only had half an hour to check in.

"I'm so fucking tired." Christian sighed as he took his seat near me in the waiting area. We were checked in and were just waiting to be boarded.

"That's what you get for staying up late to watch that stupid show." I mumbled looking up from the book I was reading.

"First of all it's an amazing show. You just don't like it. And yeah I should've just downloaded the episodes to watch on the plane."

I shook my head at my best friend in amusement. I may not look it but I was very excited for this impromptu vacation. From what I researched on the internet Cancun was a beautiful place with amazing beaches. I couldn't wait to drown my worries in the warm sand.

During my mental conversation I felt Chris's head plop unto my shoulder. Moments later his heavy breathing tickled my neck.

I adjusted myself so he could sleep better and continued with my book as we waited for our plane.

"Christian...get up. We're boarding now." I hissed for the final time giving his head a somewhat hard shove.

"Huh? What?" He looked around disoriented.

"Grab your bag. We're boarding next." I spoke already standing up with my bag.

"I was having the best dream." He mumbled as we walked to get inline for our tickets and passport to be checked.