02

The morning sun was warm against my skin which was covered in a layer of sweat. My lungs were burning and so were  my  legs and thighs. I struggled to keep up with Christian, who was way ahead of her on the trail.

I felt like calling it quits right then and there but I saw Christian jogging back towards me.

"C'mon Queenie, keep up, keep up." He called after me.

"That's easy for you to freaking say Chris. You do this mostly every day!" I exclaimed pausing to catch my breathe.  I don't know what I was thinking, agreeing to tag along with him for a morning run. I was definitely not as fit as I thought I was.

"You can do it Queenie. Just breathe..." He encouraged me as I tried to jog along side him.

"I-I feel like I'm gonna pass out Chris." I ceased my movements again after a few minutes. I felt a heavy force weighing on my  body. My eyesight became blurry as I  felt my  body become giddy.

I watched with hooded lids as Chris quickly jogged to my side, concern deeply marring his features.

Just as I felt my body go limp, Christian quickly pulled my body  into his chest and supported her. He instantly regretted pushing her so far although to him it didn't feel like much of a trial.

"Shit Queenie are you okay?" I heard him call to me and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Queenie talk to me." I felt him shake me gently when I didn't respond. I couldn't when my breathes were coming out in harsh and heavy pants, I was struggling to breathe. He quickly picked me up bridal style and carried me to the bench that was higher up the trail. He gently laid  me down and brought some water to my mouth.

After sipping on the water I  felt the burning in my  chest lighten and my breathing began to stabilize . I had no idea what had happened to me but I knew that I never wanted it to happen again. I felt like was dying in those few seconds I struggled to breathe.

"I-I'm okay." I spoke softly rising from my lying position after a few seconds of regaining my strength.

"I'm sorry for pushing you too far Queenie... C'mon I'm taking you home." He said picking me up much to my protest. Even if I felt weak I didn't want him to have to go the extra mile like he always did.

"chris I can use my legs you know." I argued as he began walking down the trail, carrying me bridal style.

"Shush Queenie." He replied unaffected by my cries of protest.

Realising that I'd only be wasting my little energy I remained, I shut up and let him carry me back.

Now back home and fresh out a cool and relaxing bath, I was in the kitchen getting started with lunch for the day. It was the weekend and Christian and I decided to stay home today. Normally we'd go out for lunch or to the mall just to find something to do.

However I was still sore from this mornings activities and didn't feel like getting dressed up.

I walked into the kitchen finding Christian sitting at the island on his laptop. Being the nosey friend that I am, I slowly and quietly creeped behind him to spy.

"You do know that I heard you ever since you came in right?" He spoke after a while, amusement clear in his voice.

"So? Not my fault you got big ass ears. Dumbo." I teased not caring I was caught.

"At least my forehead doesn't make up half of my face. Megamind." He replied so smoothly not even looking at me as he continued working on his laptop.

"Oh really now. We doing forehead jokes now huh?" I said feigning hurt despite the fact that I was a bit insecure about my forehead.

"You came for my ears first. I'm the real victim here."