14

Christian stood half awake in front of his bed as he continued packing the last of his things. His flight is in the next three hours and he wanted to ensure that he had everything packed, especially the gifts he bought for Myah. He couldn't leave without bringing her something.

Exhausted was an understatement of how he was feeling. All the walking around and interacting from the wedding drained him. However he was happy that he was leaving in only a few hours back to America. He would get to be reunited with her.

After packing Christian decided to take a power nap so that he could have the energy to at least walk to his terminal. Deciding to text Myah in the morning before he left for the airport. He would be arriving a day later and would need to take an Uber or taxi home as he wouldn't expect Myah to be awake when he landed.

The shrill sound of his alarm jolted Christian from his sleep, indicating that it was time to get up to leave. His cousin April insisted on dropping him off so he checked to see if she was awake before getting ready. She was already up in the kitchen making some coffee.

"Good morning...I'm making some espresso, would you like some? She asked him.

"Yeah...that would be great, Thank you." He replied

Christian headed back to his room and hopped into the shower for a warm bath to soothe his tired body and wake up his senses a bit more.

He busied himself with random thoughts as he allowed the warm water from the shower to massage his tense back muscles. He could not wait to return home to Myah. Although he knew she was not aware of his feelings for her, Christian never second guessed his attachment to Myah. It just felt natural to him. Albeit, Myah is not his significant other, he made an undisclosed commitment to her that he would never breach. She may not realize it but she was stuck with him.

After showering and doing a final once over of his luggage Christian sat down at the table eating some toast and coffee with his cousin. Regardless of his trip being rather brief, he reveled in the time he spent.  His cousin expressed her enjoyment of his company as well.

"Okay... It's now fifteen past the hour of three. We should leave now so we can be ahead of the morning rush traffic." April suggested getting up to leave.

Throwing back the last of his coffee, Christian quickly packed his bags into the trunk and settled into the passenger seat as they prepared to depart. The two of them began their journey to the airport which was almost an hour and a half away, granted that they were not stuck in traffic.

Christian and April conversed about random things that could possibly be talked about in the wee hours of the morning. From their opinion on global warming and the world economy which lead April to go into depth with her job description. Christian got a deeper understanding of what his cousin did for a living. He would be lying if he said that he was not tired, however talking with his cousin kept her alert while driving. It would be rude to 

They said their goodbyes and Christian parted ways with his cousin who he really enjoyed spending the past few days.

Christian quickly checked in his luggage, went through immigration and quickly located his gate where he would be spending the next thirty minutes to an hour waiting for his flight to board. He sipped on his caramel latte and listened to an enlightening podcast trying his utmost best to stay alert. He would surely miss his flight if he gave into the exhaustion he felt at the moment.