08

Myah pulled down the top compartment of her car, reveling the  mirror, then rummaging through her purse looking for some lip gloss to freshen up her lips. Fixing some stray hairs she gave herself a once over before closing it it again and grabbing her belongings to exit the vehicle.

She casually walked up to the front door of the restaurant where her friend Amara was waiting on her. She'd been long overdue for a girls day out with her and the two decided to finally meet together for brunch and mimosas at one of Myah's favorite restaurants.

Giving herself one last check up in the the tinted glass door of the restaurant she entered and enjoyed the cool blast of air that brushed over her face. She quickly took out her phone and called Amara to figure out where she was seated. The phone ring twice before Amara's loud voice came blasting through the speaker. 

"Where you at girl?" 

"I'm at the door, where are you seated?" Myah asked walking through the restaurant which was already crowded so early in the day.

"I'm waaaay at the back. Third table."

"Okay.....Oh. I see ya." Myah said hanging up and walking to her friend.

"Hey biiiiitch!" Amara greeted with a large smile as she engulfed Myah in a hug. Amara and Myah became close friends when she first moved to L.A. She was a designer who made beautiful gowns and party dresses. They met at a beauty event by Amara complimenting Myah's hair and Myah falling in love with her designs which she came to display. Amara insisted that Myah make all her wigs and alas a beautiful friendship blossomed between the two women.

"Hey! Oh gosh it's been so long girl." Myah sighed embracing her friend tighter. The last time the two of them met up was at the mini fashion show Amara hosted to model her newest collection. Since both women were always busy it was difficult for them to meet up on the regular.

"Mhhhm...but don't think I ain' see you living your best life up in Mexico with that fine.ass.pecice of meat you call your best friend." Amara gave a knowing smirk sipping on the drink she'd already ordered while waiting.

"Yeah."  Myah smiled beside herself. "It was a surprise to be honest, he just took out the tickets whilst we were out eating and forced me to go."

"Damn girl can I get some of that big energy? Your boo surprising you with a vacation outta the blue."

"Correction, best friend." Myah cleared her throat.

"Same thing." Amara brushed off her words. "I refuse to believe you guys don't want to be in  relationship or at least fuck. I mean I love my black kings but his Asian ass can get it."

Myah's eyes bulged at her friend's crass remark. Now she knew just how much her close friend was lusting over Christian. That thought alone should have raised alarms in her head but Myah trusted her friend to know her  boundaries and not try to make any moves on him. Besides, she doesn't think Chris even likes Amara. He would always refer to her as a bad influence for Myah and that she was a bit too wild.

Myah paid no mind however, If anything, it was  Amara's carefree spirit was what made their friendship fun. She was the one encouraging Myah to get out of her comfort zone. 

"We've been best friends since highschool Mara, to risk all of those years by getting into a relationship would be something I really don't want to do...besides I would be he last person on Chris's list to date." Myah confessed.

"Why? Because you're black?"

"No, no not at all. To be honest I don't even know what type of women he's into...I've never seen him with anyone."