09

Christian sat at his desk trying his utmost best to focus on the task that so desperately needed his attention, however, he was failing terribly. The only person who consumed his raging thoughts was none other but Myah. Without a doubt, she was ignoring all his calls and text messages that he ensured to bombard her with from the time she departed the house declaring that he shouldn't wait up for her.

Oh, how he wished he had given into his radical thoughts and threw her over his shoulders, preventing her from taking one step out that door.  

However, here he sat, driving himself crazy, as scenarios of Myah doing very un-Myah like things with that crazy friend of hers at some raunchy night club, being ogled by thirsty men. With the tight-fitting, revealing dress she left the house with, she was bound to attract the attention of males. He just prayed that they kept their filthy hands to themselves and not dared touch her.

Yet, how would he know, when he was miles away and unable to reach her.

Sighing deeply, Christian rubbed a hand over his tired face. He shut down his computer and eased out of his chair. His brain was too crowded to focus on his work right now. 

Despite knowing the outcome, Chris still tried his luck in contacting Myah. He dialed her number and listened to the dial tone chirp in the background.  It rung six times and just when he was about to hang up, someone picked up on the other side.

"Hello?" A gravelly, sleep laidened voice rasped through the line.

Christian let out a relieved breath. After hours of thinking the worst, he finally made contact.

"Myah...Oh my gosh Myah." He said softly, his voice getting weak all of a sudden, after hearing her voice. "Where are you? Are you safe? " he bombarded her with questions.

"Yes, Chris." Myah sighed tiredly as he rumbled on. She figured she'd finally put him out of his misery and pick up this time around. He wasn't allowing her to breathe with the way he exploded her phone with numerous calls and texts. She had no choice but to switch to airplane mode and silence her calls.

This allowed her to enjoy her night to the fullest at the night club she and Amara attended. She had no regrets either. 

"I'm okay Chris...I'm at Amara's...No I'm not hurt...Mhhm...Yes...I'll be home soon...I said soon Chris....yes I'm okay once again...Yeah...Okay.....Yeah..."  Myah spoke groggily into the phone as he inquired about her well-being.

If anything Christian was more relieved than upset at her. For now, that is. She said she'd be home soon but did not give him a specific date or time even when he asked again. That implied that she still wasn't on good terms with him. However, he was satisfied that she even bothered to finally pick up his calls and let him know that she was safe.

Now he could rest easy, although he would much rather have her here, at home with him. 

"Was that your maaaaaan?" Amara grumbled sleepily as she turned over on the bed. 

Myah rolled her eyes playfully, chucking a soft pillow in Amara's direction. "Stop playing around."

"psshht, with the way he was blowing up your phone last night I'd want to think you two are married," Amara smirked.

"We've gone over this already Mara, Christian is Christian, always will be. I'm just so proud of myself for finally building up the courage to actually do something out of my comfort zone for once."

"Facts girl! You were living it up last night. He would've blown a fucking fuse if he saw the way you were shaking that ass at the club."

Myah groaned hiding her face. "I was drunk Mara, don't remind me."