13

Myah lit her favorite bath and bodyworks candles before adding her lavender bath salts into the tub as the warm steam brushed against her face. She welcomed the feeling as it has been so long since she last took a soothing bath. Today was a bit hectic for her as she quickly tried to bring in all her boxes from the truck. She had to return it by tomorrow.

While waiting for her tub to fill she got her after bath care products ready and picked out her PJs. This was her official second night sleeping alone in her new apartment. She would be lying if she said that it was easy. She was restless at the fact that it was only her. She could not walk to Chris' room when she heard a strange noise and she couldn't go to him when she had a triggering dream that raised her anxiety.

Myah knew this was for the better and it was completely her decision to leave. She wanted-no needed- to feel what independence felt like. If she had to grow she had to go.

Shaking any negative thoughts from her head she searched for her anxiety medication and placed them by her bedside.

Going back into the bathroom to close the pipe she checked her phone for any missed calls or messages from Christian. She ended up missing his call the night prior while she was unpacking. By the time she checked her phone she was too exhausted to hold a conversation. She returned his call in the morning and they talked for a while.

Of Course Christian still wanted to control her life even while being thousands of miles away from her. He wanted to know every single detail about her day and her plans and to ensure that she was doing fine. So much so he wanted to return home the day after the wedding. Myah internally laughed at that since she would not even be there. What a surprise that would be.

He only texted her pictures of the venue of the wedding. It was this huge flower garden and it even had a pond. She responded with heart eyes and a quick message. Because of the time difference it was hard for her to know what time of the day it was for him so she had no idea what time he would respond to the text. Locking her phone she stripped out her clothes and grabbed one of her spicy romance novels and her favorite exfoliating scrub before soaking into the soothing warm bath.

Christian grabbed the smaller towel to dry off his hair as he exited the shower. He was a bit drained from today. April took him to see the venue after she got off work and then they went for a little tour around the area. He was amazed at the place and how cheap she got it for. She showed him her plans for decorations and it looked like something straight out of a Disney movie. Extremely magical. It immediately had his creative mind running with ideas to depict just that.

He took some snaps on his phone for Myah. It was beautiful and he knew she would enjoy it.

Reaching for his phone he wanted to see if she had already answered his text. He smiled when he saw her name pop up in his notifications. He mentally checked what time it would be on her side of the globe. He wanted to call her and hear her voice. They talked earlier this morning when she had returned his call but he missed her and was worried about how she was holding up alone. Although she said she was doing fine he still thought that she was too delicate to be left alone for long. Of Course she would say that everything is okay so as to not worry him.

Clicking on the phone icon he listened to the phone ring a few times before it connected and her soft voice came over the line.

On the other side of the globe Myah was on the twenty fifth page of her book as she soaked in her bath salts to relax her muscles. She was startled by the sound of her phone ringing. Christian's name appeared on the screen. She wondered if she should pick it up now or let him know she was having a bath and would call him after.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey My... How are you?" Chris replied and then placed the phone on speaker so that he could get dressed.