Chapter 33

----
You are the crowned princess.

It was shocking enough to see the details of the dress, something you couldn't easily afford, it was elegant and royal. The cream like texture highlighting your skin colour. Your hair and makeup done in the same way making you look ravishing with the crown on your head adding that extra royalty touch.

"Your highness, the king wishes you to change your dress and wear something more appealing and beautiful for the evening" a maid came behind you, her head hanging low as she bowed without meeting your eyes.

"What's wrong with the one I'm wearing right now?" You asked like you knew what you were talking about.

"It's the king 's order my lady" her voice shrunk as she could sense the anger in your voice.

"Are you my servant or his?" You raised your brow clenching your jaw suppressing your anger.

"My dear, it's no good causing trouble now, you are the crowned princess who is soon to be wedded off. The least you could do is look desirable for your future spouse" the elder lady came and stood beside you lowering her eyes as she said these words in a soft yet stern voice.

"I don't want to get married so soon" you muttered

"Come my child, we don't want to anger the king"
You took the woman's hand as she walked you to your room. Climbing up the spiral stairs with golden work engraved on the black spindles.

The woman helped you wear the dress that was a bit revealing from your cleavage and was off shoulders with sleeves running down to your wrist. It's black beaded embroidery enhancing the red dress that flowed down your body making your curves look extra admirable. She combed your hair down making you wear a piece of gold ornament around your neck making you look breath taking.

"Why do I have to look so appealing for a man that I have no interest in?" You spoke up rather softly looking at your captivating reflection.

"He's the third son of the second kingdom in Acheron. I've heard he's very handsome" your maid replied to you straightening your entangled hair that were in a bun a few moments ago

"And what about his nature?" You asked looking up at her through your mirror

"Well... that's something not to brag about. It is said that he is very arrogant about his looks and is pretty much over confident which makes him look.... funny" the woman giggled making you break into a smile as well.

"He's also snobbish" she added scrunching her nose.

"Maria! I thought you were here to make me feel better not to make me feel anxious about this whole meet up" you complained making the old woman smile at you. Her wrinkles appearing on her worn out face as she admired how beautiful you looked in every way.

"But looking at you I feel like he's going to lose all the confidence that everybody talks about. You're going to swipe him off his feet with how lovely and beautiful you look, not only that but also with your charms that no one can deny" she said confidently stroking your hair gently

"But I don't want that...I want to fall in love and experience what that feels like. To be able to feel the same heart beat when looking at each other and getting lost in their eyes" you sighed lost in trance staring at empty space.

"My lady what have you been reading these days?" Your maid snapped you out of your thoughts making you embarrassed at what you just said.

You blushed hearing her words
"It's not what you think" you held your cheeks refraining them to get more red than they already were.