Chapter 23 (part 2)

This part has some smut in it. So i'll just leave a warning here🔞

---

You went downstairs to be greeted by everyone but it was awfully quiet and it was making you uncomfortable. The only people trying to break the awkward silence were your parents but all three young people avoided each other gazes as they continued eating. You just picked up a toast and a glass of milk quickly chugging it down eyeing Jimin's back as he went to the fridge to get himself some juice, he closed the fridge only for his eyes to meet yours. But he quickly averted his gaze and went down to sit beside Rachel eating his eggs.

It definitely broke you to see him this way. He didn't even smile towards me but that's what I wanted right?

You took a deep breath nibbling on your toast. And telling your parents you have to leave early today because of the grand sale.

"oh, Jimin when are you leaving?" your mom asked the boy enthusiastically

"tonight" he said softly, focusing on his eggs. You could see Rachel getting awkward as well as she tried to smile towards you but soon her smile faltered when you didn't respond to it.

"well give your parents our greetings and drive safe"

"yeah I already changed your tire but if things go down again just give Samuel a call. His mechanic shop isn't that far. Just show him your car before you leave" your dad advised Jimin

"okay I understand. Thank you" he smiled warmly towards your parents and went back to eat his breakfast quietly

"oh no need to thank us. You're like our son. And take good care of Rachel as well. She's a keeper" your mom winked at Jimin while you awkwardly stood a storm building inside of you looking down at the floor chewing your toast being lost in your thoughts

"y/n sit down and eat properly what are you doing standing in that corner, come on sit here" you snapped out of your dazed form and looked at your mom who was making you sit in front of Jimin.

"no mom I'm already full and I have to leave"

"you're not even going to greet Jimin and Rachel properly? He'll be gone when you come back"

"No need to do that we already said our goodbyes this morning" Jimin smiled once again but you saw how much fake that was. He didn't even spare a glance towards you when he said that. Without another word you just left while you heard faint conversations taking place within the house.

---

You were placed in the body products aisle. Today's day was extra busy even though you came quite early but because of the annual sale of the year it was more crowded than normal days. While you helped replacing the finished products, someone bumped into you causing the bottles to fall from your hands. You bowed apologizing to the lady in front of you without looking at her, while she helped you pick up the lotion bottles.

"Gosh people really don't have manners nowadays -y/n?" you looked up to see her face only for yours to turn pale. Why of all the people did you have to run into her?

You smiled at her faintly and turned around in a haste shutting your eyes and praying internally for her not to create a scene.

"y/n? don't you remember me? It's me Yona!" she exclaimed happily turning you around once more.

How can I not remember her? She was one of the minions who would torture me everyday for the sake of 'her highness'. She was even there the day they created a scene beating you up.

"of course, I do....how can I forget?" you give her a tight smile back pursing your lips and wanting other customers to ask for your help so you could just ditch her.