Chapter 15 (part 2)

You kept on fidgeting with your fingers and looking out while kai drove silently. There was an awkward moment as none of you spoke and you had an uneasy feeling. You had your legs crossed. It had been 15 minutes on the road and you finally realized that you were on an unfamiliar path

"kai my home is that way" you let out confused

"I know....I just wanna take you somewhere before I drop you" he said not sparing a glance at you. You gulped at his response, you knew something was gonna happen but what did he have in his mind, you were lowkey scared as it was dark and you had to reach home before your parents got worried. Kai finally looked at you and laughed squeezing your hands in his big one "don't worry I'll drop you home safe and sound"

You both reached a place in front of a lake. It seemed like a park but you weren't sure as it was dark. Kai got out first signing you to follow him. You got out slowly having doubts whether it was a good idea taking a ride with him. You gulped as he held your hand and led you in front of the lake. The moment your eyes landed upon it, you lost your breath. The moon was full and bright reflecting in the lake making it seem like the light had splattered in a liquid form and the sky being dark and clear; showed millions of stars like it had worn a dazzling dress. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

"wow...it's beautiful" you breathed out

"it is" kai simply spoke smiling at you. You took out your phone to snap a picture but the picture didn't do miracles like what you saw in real life. Kai noticed the disappointment in your face looking down at your phone "some things aren't as beautiful when you capture them in picture like they are in real life. You have to experience the beauty of some things with your own eyes.... like you" you rolled your eyes at his philosophical yet flirtatious line and walked back to his car leaning on the bonnet.

"is that why you brought me here?" you smirked at him who followed to stand beside you

"oh no I just wanted to show you the place where my mom drowned" you turned your face towards him as your eyes went wide at his certain comment. He sounded so serious that you were almost about to pee your pants.

He couldn't help but laugh out loud at your terrified face "what, you actually believe that? I was joking!!"

"well there is nothing expected from you" you stepped back a little from him when he grabbed you back and made you stand beside him

"what do you expect me to believe, you never told me about your parents though" you said folding your arms admiring the beauty of nature.

"there's nothing much to tell, I was an orphan, got adopted by an old couple, very nice people though. My old man brought me here and showed that this was his quiet and thinking place. So, since then I made this place my own" he said nodding his head facing towards the sky

"what about your mother?" you asked staring at him. You never saw this soft and calm side of kai. It was nice seeing him talk about his parents even though they weren't his real folks but you saw him talking about them with pure love.

"she was a very nice woman," he gulped before continuing "she passed away two years ago" he smiled sadly at you

"I'm really sorry for your loss" you let out softly still looking into his eyes.

"it's ok.....at least she didn't drown here or else I would've introduced you to her" he said stretching his arms and yawning. You slapped his bicep "stop...stop saying weird shit" you yelled at him but not too loud. Kai rubbed his arm while laughing at you.

"ahahaha ok! Stop being so aggressive" he held your hand that was still hitting him pulling you close to him. He lifted you up and put you on the bonnet of the car making your breath hitch. His hand resting on your thigh while yours rested on his chest falling freely to his sides.

"she would've been so happy to meet you" he said softly his forehead touching with yours. You didn't have any words to say to him further as you were lost staring into his eyes as he did the same. You kept on looking at each other his one hand now going up to your waist while the other caressed your face. He rubbed your cheek with his thumb slightly pulling back a hair strand falling on your face leaning in slowly.

You closed your eyes allowing his lips to touch yours and it was a slow and passionate kiss. You felt his arm tighten around your waist causing you to open your mouth slightly, he took this chance to slip his tongue inside exploring the taste of your mouth. You've never experienced this kind of feeling. It was wet and weird but you liked it. You allowed him to lead you on while you clenched on his shirt. You didn't know how to kiss so the first time he kissed you, you didn't try kissing him back but this time was different. He made you feel as if you already knew how to do it. How in the world can one person be this good at teaching?

You both broke the kiss for some air, you opened your eyes to see him still staring at your lips but he looked up to meet your eyes. The same dark ones that you saw that night with him. And the next thing you know you were already in the palm of his hand.