Chapter 34

You hummed as you entered your room gently placing the coat on your bed inhaling the strong musk as it hit your nostrils. Smiling to yourself you sat in front of the dressing table to get rid of your makeup

"looks like you had a good time" Maria spoke up walking in after you as she took the coat from the bed.

"Oh that's Seokjin's! I want you to wash it and hang it properly until for the next time we meet. Make sure his material doesn't ruin even the slightest" you say taking off the necklace from your neck

"Yes my lady" she bowed her head holding the coat to hang it on the hanger before coming to assist you.

You sighed looking at yourself. His words lingering in your mind when he spoke about how appealing you looked in this dress but he would appreciate it if you dressed modest the next time you meet....modest?

Is it because he found it hard for himself to hold back? You blushed at the thought and giggled to yourself making Maria raise her brow giving you a questionable look

"Maria....do you think arrange marriages can work?" You suddenly say looking back at her reflection

"Of course my lady. They have been until now and had been for the past thousand years. It all depends on how much you cooperate with each other" she replied looking at you back

"That's right...I think it'll work that way" you smiled to yourself

"What happened your highness? I thought you weren't very excited for this new proposal. Isn't that new crown prince as heard to be narcissist?"

"He is. Very much indeed" you grinned

"But he has a pure heart. He sees things in a different way. Different like I do." You say, staring at particularly nothing as his attractive face came to your mind.

"And he is indeed very handsome" you completed looking back at her through the mirror's reflection.

"Your highness, we are very well aware of your gift of seeing through other people's heart, but isn't it quiet cruel some to be trusting this man so quickly?"

"I felt the same way too Maria but his eyes held so much depth...it's as if he walks around with a complete different aura when he's around other people just to show how careless and heartless he is. But he's the complete opposite of what he portrays to be"

"He tries to be strong when I could clearly see how much pain and hurt those eyes hold. He's a warm and loving person only looking for attention and love"

"I truly feel sorry for the child. I did hear that his mother passed away almost the same age as yours and his father married thrice, all women too young to be called the young princes guardian. Perhaps it was all for his father's needs that he wanted to fulfill....God knows what happened to those women" she says as she gently removes the makeup off your face.

"He doesn't have a mother." You mumbled in an inaudible tone as you picked up the lotion to apply on your bare face

"Now let's get you ready for bed. We have a whole new day tomorrow. I suppose you'll be seeing the crown prince more than often from now on." Maria giggles trying to put your deep thoughts to an end as you smiled back to her.

-----

"You're son of Park Hyuk?" The king says looking at the young boy in front of him. His head hung low as he recieved the greetings and blessings of the ruler of Edavor.

"Your father was a great warrior. He fought countless battles along my side. I didn't know he had a son" his voice holding amusement or rather mockery, the boy couldn't tell.