Chapter 12 (part 2)

"ketchup on the side or on the fries" kai asked raising his eyebrow while you took a bite of your cheeseburger

"oh god don't tell me you're one of those who literally judge a person with whether you pour milk first or cereal"

"it's important, you get to know their personality" he clarified

"no, you don't, in my case I think it's stupid I don't care whether it's on the side or all over my fries it's still food to me I'll eat it either way"

"oh please don't tell me you're one of those who'll eat KitKat without breaking the bar" he said with a disgust face, you just shrugged

"like I said it doesn't matter to me as long as it's food, yes but if you eat it disgustingly then it matters" you said dipping your fries and stuffing it in your mouth.

"I don't know anymore" he sighed staring at you blankly sipping on his drink

"anyways (y/n) I meant to ask you this but never got the chance to...do you have a boyfriend" you weren't expecting kai to hit you with that question. You almost choked on your drink

"hmm?" you said looking up at him rubbing your throat

"or are you seeing someone, I'm sorry I was just curious"

"no it's ok..." you thought twice about telling him about Jimin but was he someone more than just a friend and was it alright for you to pose that without his consent.

"no actually....I'm...I'm single" you said looking down at your food then back up at him. His stare was intense. It caused your cheeks to burn slightly what the heck?! You shifted uncomfortably in your chair.

"that's cool" he said breaking the silence but the awkwardness was still in the air as his gaze didn't shift from you. "I mean not in a bad way. It's just.....good for me" he muttered the last part but it was clear enough for you to hear. You opened your mouth to say something but closed it when you weren't sure what to say to him. His smirk was purely visible on his sharp featured face. His jawline enough to cut your finger. You gulped and blinked when the awkwardness didn't seem to end. You didn't even feel like eating cause of the way he looked at you. You weren't quite sure but you haven't seen kai looking at you like that ever. From the way his gaze ate you made you feel like that it was full of lu-

You were snapped out of your thoughts when your phone buzzed. Kai was also about to say something but he stopped when you seized your phone with such speed. He saw right through you, you were nervous. He loved innocent girls like you and you captured his attention the moment you entered the store and applied for the job but he wasn't sure if you were taken or not.

"who is it?" he asked resting his elbow on the table

"um...it's just a friend from school" you said still having the phone in your hand. Not wanting to look kai staring at you, you purposely texted slowly. The text was from Luna, a friend of yours from school who remained on good terms with you somehow and you stayed in touch with her. She asked you how you were doing and whether she could call or not. You could've just texted you're busy and left the phone but you took your time. You could feel kai's eyes still on you. But you tried your best to put up a cool act and not let him see through. Your palms were sweating and your breath was shaky but why the hell were you getting so nervous?! You mentally scolded yourself and cleared your throat. You put the phone on the table beside your food tray.

"I think we should head out; others might be worried about us" you said eating your fries.

"I already texted them so no need to worry and what's the hurry, you haven't even eaten your burger" he said pointing down at your tray

"I'm full" you said pushing the tray slightly away from you

"ok then more for me" he said showing off his bright smile. Yup that's the kai you knew. You heaved out a sigh of relief and smiled at him. When your phone started ringing. You saw the caller ID and turned the phone on silent, ignoring the call.

"why aren't you answering?" he asked with his mouth full

"no reason, I'll just call her later" you shrugged

"oh! it's a her" he smiled before continuing "is she pretty?"

"she's way smarter for your kind" you smirked

"doesn't answer my question but ow!" he pouted and that made you laugh and he joined. He found your laugh contagious, no matter how he saw it you were grabbing his attention more than needed and he was craving for you. He was actually pretty glad that you weren't taken but he was also worried that you might not give in as you did hear about the rumors about him being a flirt and a heart breaker but you also did tell him that not everything you hear is true. But either way he was glad to be able to spend time with you.

You guys headed back and said your good byes when kai stopped you at your doorstep.

"um...hey would you like wanna go out again.... but this time I just want it to be the two of us..." he said rubbing the back of his neck.

Was he nervous? For what

"but it was the two of us today too after you decided to ditch your friends" you said folding your arms trying to hide that smirk of yours and acting all serious.

"damn girl what's up with that savageness?" his tensed shoulders now a bit relaxed. "but yes, I do wanna take you out again but this time properly...as a date" this time it was you who got tensed.

You don't remember the last time someone asked you out on a date. You only remember when Jimin and you used to play house but that was a long time ago before he started seeing and treating you as a sister. You could only dream of what a girl could desire but now you just didn't know what to do. You were shocked enough to not know the answer so you just stood there with your mouth a gap.

"it's just a date and I promise I wouldn't bother you if you don't have fun. But this time I just wouldn't take no for an answer, so I'll pick you up on Saturday. I'll tell you the rest of the details later ok?"

"Huh? Oh okay" you muttered out still in a trance.

You snapped out when your phone buzzed once again. He waved you goodbye and walked down to his car giving you one last glance and smiling at you waiting for you to go in. You waved at him and turned around to go inside. Once you were inside you peeped through your curtains until he started his engine and drove off.