Chapter 19

You slowly opened your eyes to the blinding light. You shut them again due to the brightness, your head felt heavy and everything felt numb for a minute until you gained conscious of where you were. You could clearly make out the white ceiling. You tried to look around only to find yourself in the hospital bed.

Hospital? Why?

You still weren't able to move due to your body being sore. What happened last night that you're here?

While you tried hard to think of what happened you overheard some voices

"I'm sorry but the patient doesn't seem in the condition to answer questions"

"doctor I understand but this is a police case. We need to know what happened if she's the only witness alive. There might be an explanation for this"

"but doctor you're sure that she's alright right?"

"she might be in a trauma after what she might have witnessed. There wasn't any mark on her except for some bruises. While the others were found shredded into pieces"

"it would be really helpful if you let us question her. It's for the sake of crime scene"

"*sigh* alright but she needs to gain conscious first, but I would want her family members to meet her before any of this. She might freak out more if she sees the police"

"thank you, doctor"

"doctor can we please meet her now?"

"please hold on a moment"

You saw a man in a white coat walking in, he checked the IV drip, while checking a clip board, his eyes fell on you and a warm smile spread across his face

"hey y/n, you're finally awake! how are you feeling?"

You kept on staring at the man being terrified and confused for why you were there in the first place. He noticed your silence and continued "it's alright no need to worry. Do you remember anything that happened last night?"

You shook your head slowly and gulped down your saliva out of nervousness but it still didn't help, your throat was as dry as before.

"well you were found in the outskirts of town, passed out and blood on your dress. Were you perhaps attacked by something?"

"...."

"It's alright the important thing is you're ok. Your family was extremely worried about you and they can't wait to see you. I'll call them in, ok?" he smiled at you once more, leaving the room.

"oh! baby you're awake! You have no idea how worried we all were for you. I don't understand how you even got there in the first place, you never even left home" your mom squeezed your hand and sobbed. Her eyes were swollen from crying so much and you felt bad that you were the reason behind those tears.

"mom.....I'm sorry" you whispered, tears forming at the brim of your own eyes. You felt a huge lump in your throat seeing her this way. You hated yourself for not remembering what happened last night and you needed to know. Another form appeared in front of your eyes and you saw him standing behind your mother, he was quiet all along but you could clearly see that he had been crying as well but at the moment he tried his best to keep himself from bursting out "Jimin?" you murmured your mom was caressing your head when she moved a little side allowing Jimin to come near you. He quietly nodded holding the side of the bed. A tear dropped from your eyes when you made the courage to kill the silence

"what happened last night?"

"you don't remember? Someone found you passed out in the woods; they called the police because you were in a terrible state. Blood stains were all over your dress and you yourself were covered in blood, they said something dragged you there. They found two more bodies but they weren't in a state to be saved. The police still aren't sure if it was an animal or a human that did that" your mother kept on rubbing your forehead slightly with her thumb telling you about the incident that took place.