Chapter 39

A/N: I'm genuinely very sorry it took me so much time to post this. With all honesty I thought this story was soon coming to an end but I guess not, my mind just exploded with new ideas and events that are about to happen. But I hope you all like where this is going. Please support, vote and leave your comments it would mean the world to me💜💜💜

-------

The day of the engagement ceremony had finally arrived. The royal family of Acheron had invited you over a day before so the preparations could be done accordingly. Your father gladly accepting the invitation prepared to leave along with you.

The horses and the carriages were prepared along with dozens of soldiers escorting you as more stood alongside with your father. Among the soldiers you saw a familiar face and a small smile formed on your lips. Giving a nod to Jimin he bowed back to you trying to keep a straight face showing professionalism.

You wore a cloak that covered your dress and head. Preparing to leave, you entered the carriage with your head maid as your father entered another and the journey started for the big day.

---

The moment you entered the premises of Acheron the surroundings had gotten a bit darker. Being the place of the dead, where souls were driven there for the first time before they go for the real judgement obviously had a darker aura.

Nevertheless, everything seemed to brighten up the moment your carriage entered the Acheron Palace. People cheering and dancing around. Bands and music playing through out the kingdoms as the people showered roses over the Edavor royal family. You looked out the window to see the sight. A huge smile spreading over your face seeing such a bland and dead place, be so lively.

"My lady seems very much pleased by the Acheron's welcome" Maria smiled

"I wasn't expecting this kind of reception at all" you spoke, your mouth a gap.

"Maria I think I'm going to cry" you cupped your face as a lump formed in your throat getting emotional.

"No you shouldn't your highness!! You're going to ruin your makeup!" Maria tensed up.

"But it's so overwhelming" tears started welling up your eyes

"What if Prince Seokjin sees you in your ruined makeup?" Maria questioned making you snap back to reality.

"Oh you're right I shouldn't cry" sniffling you tried to dry off your teary eyes by waving in front of them while Maria tried to hold her laugh due to your overdramatic behaviour.

----

"I welcome thee to the Acheron Empire. It is truly an honour to have the Edavor family in our royal Kingdom. Princess, it is always a pleasure meeting you." King Jihoon greeted you taking your hand in his and leaving a kiss on it.

"My lord" you greeted him back

"Please feel comfortable. For this is your future home" he smiled looking at you and for some reason you felt a bit uncomfortable under his gaze. Pulling onto your cloak a bit more so it could cover your head and eyes, not wanting too much attention from the king himself after what your father told you last time.

"You're too kind" you spoke taking a step back

Nevertheless king Jihoon found it really hard staring away from you but king Darius's strong gaze snapped him out of it.

Clearing his throat he looked elsewhere "Ah! yes my son....he's taking a little too much time getting ready. He's a little insecure when it comes to you" he chuckled trying to make the atmosphere friendly