Chapter 6

I own nothing.

It was early in the third morning (since Sesshomaru had been cursed) that he, Inuyasha and Ikuto ventured outside to hunt for some food for dinner.

The air was crisp and quiet except for the few birds that decided to rise with the dawn. The sky was dull, surrounding the area with a hazy pink and blue glow.

They were in Inuyasha's forest, searching for a specific beast. A boar, to be precise. Inuyasha and Ikuto both loved the animal. Sesshomaru would have preferred a cheetah- because of the challenge of catching such a quick and agile animal.

He gave into the hunt of the pig-thing with a sigh. It didn't really matter. He just needed some time to fight and hone his battle skills for the future.

Catching animals was the first step. Next up- demons!

He stood beside Inuyasha who held his sword against his thigh. It was a very large sword; quite an admirable piece of weaponry. Sesshomaru hadn't yet received a sword from father. He supposed he would get one, like Inuyasha's, when he came of age.

As for now, he used one of Kagomes' children's bow and arrows. The satchel for the arrows was wrapped around his back, while he clutched the bow tightly in his grip.

Ikuto stood beside him, leaning against a tree, with no weaponry. He'd said he didn't need any tools for The Hunt. Sesshomaru believed him. There was something different about Ikuto. Something otherworldly. He wasn't like any demon he'd ever seen.

There were no demons with eyes that swirled like a tornado. Or flashed like lightning.

All of a sudden something near them cracked. Inuyasha, Ikuto and Sesshomaru froze.

That's when they noticed an exceptionally large brown boar, grazing in the grass before them. Sesshomaru's heart began to beat faster as adrenaline pumped through his veins. He looked at Inuyasha, nodded. Inuyasha looked at him, nodded and turned to Ikuto. The boy nodded, grunted and stared at the animal.

Sesshomaru silently whispered to them, "We shall strike it from behind."

Inuyasha agreed with this, but Ikuto obviously did not when he shook his head. "I don't think so," he whispered back. "We should take him down from the front or its sides. If we take him from the rear, he might kick us."

Inuyasha's lips curled. The kid was right.

Sesshomaru glared at Ikuto. The gold in them cackled with annoyance. "Silence, you fool. I've been doing dis for months. We must take it from behind."

"Why?"

"Because if we cut off his legs, which are part of his behind, if you didn't know that, then he won't kick us at all. Now let's go."

"But-"

"Silence," Sesshomaru snapped. "He who talks next, dies."

Inuyasha clamped his mouth shut as he tried to contain another round of laughter. He had no idea Sesshomaru could be so funny. The day before Sesshomaru and Ikuto had been extremely hyper about the next days hunt. They could hardly wait for it. Sesshomaru believed it would be a day for him to show off his prodigious abilities in the hunting department- to Rin, mostly.

He had been surprisingly enthusiastic and verbal, telling Rin how he wanted to "destroy da humungous pig" with his bare claws, as he raised his hands to his face and sharpened his fingers.

Rin had told him that she didn't want him to dirty his hands; begged him gently to use a sword or bow and arrow. He begrudgingly accepted Tamaki's bow with a sniff, to appease his "bestest friend in the whole lide world."