Chapter 13

It's been ages since I've last posted anything on here, and I'm sorry! Truly, I am. But reality decided to take me away from my dreams and so for the past year I have left everything on the side to focus on it. But now I'm back, and I find that I need to dream again. So here I go...

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. All Inuyasha characters were created, and are owned, by Rumiko Takahashi.

******

"Sesshomaru," Rin muttered breathlessly, as she followed behind him through a clear path of dirt settled in the middle of the woods. She had been walking with him for about ten minutes. Before that they had been resting against a tree, quiet and content. Then suddenly, Sesshomaru had jumped up as if he'd sensed something off about the woods.

Rin had stared up at him-in all his naked glory-and asked him, quite silkily, "What's wrong, Sesshomaru?"

He gave her a golden side glance. "Get up."

She had arched a delicate black brow at him. "Is there something amiss?"

He gave her a curt nod. And with that nod he not only answered her question but magically supplied her with a black and red kimono to cloth her naked body. He later put one on for himself, but it was the same attire he wore since she'd met him. And yet, to her eyes the style never grew old and outdated.

Now they were walking through the woods, with Ah-Un following high above them. Rin had wondered why they did not fly with the gentle beast, and had even asked Sesshomaru about this. He'd replied with a short, "I'd rather walk."

And where did he wish to walk? Rin did not know. He was being quiet. More so than usual. And it was beginning to irritate her, oh so very much. In fact, she was glaring at his body as he continued to move. She felt like he was ignoring her, and she hated that. Especially from him! He knew this so why was he doing it? Why after they'd just spent a morning of love, and closeness?

Rin crossed her arms over her chest and humphed. Sure it sounded childish, but she didn't give a fig. Ever since Inuyasha gave her that advice, she didn't like following behind Sesshomaru. She wanted to stand beside him.

Her sandals crushed against sticks and leaves, making odd crackling noises. Morning had already turned to noon-time and the sun stood high above, glaring down at them, even through the trees that shielded them from all of its fiery heat. The dirt that followed behind her husband plumed into a smoke of dust and covered her feet.

The afterglow of love making was leaving her and now she was just downright vexed. She would not take this from him. Not again! So what did she do? She quickened her steps, of course, until she stood beside him. And then she did what she had never had the courage to do: she grabbed his hand and held it. Tightly.

When Sesshomaru chose that second to look down at her with eye brows raised, Rin lifted her chin and humphed again. Her cheeks were red, of course. And her breathing was quite unsteady. But she felt triumphant for having taken the initiative. She felt empowered.

Well, she did, until his eyes sparkled, and he tightened his hold on her as if to tell her, "Yes, you have found your rightful place."