Chapter 4

I don't own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi does.

XXXXXX

Rin covered her face with her hands and slowly exhaled. She sat against the wooden wall Inuyasha sat in front of a few minutes ago before he went to take his brother out to relieve himself. Ikuto sat in front of her looking around the room. He moved his hand through his hair and it fell in dark, green waves down his small, lightly hued neck.

He turned to look at her and bit his lips, looking slightly nervous. The gray in his eyes were much brighter now-almost silver, and far less turbulent. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked her in a low, innocent voice.

Rin blinked. She didn't even know she was looking at him in any sort of manner. Her brow puckered. "What do you mean?"

"You seem dazed."

She smiled sheepishly. "Well, it can not be so surprising. I am a little shocked if you haven't noticed."

He looked away from her. "I have. Your husband is a child. I understand."

She waved her hand. "Oh, that's not why I'm in such a state of shock." Although that was part of the reason. Finding your five hundred year old husband looking no older than a child who'd just finished learning how to talk had that effect on you.

"Then what is it?"

"My husband just told me he had to 'peepee.' I've never seen him relieve himself in my life." Truth. She didn't even know he could do it, although she certainly doubted that. Everyone had to relieve themselves at one time or another. Sesshomaru was no exception.

Ikuto faced her fully. "Really?" he asked sounding rather incredulous. "Everyone urinates."

She nodded, ignoring the fact that this topic was inappropriate. "I'm sure he does it too, but the fact is I've never seen him do it."

Ikuto eyed her as if she were insane. "And you want to see this because...?"

Rin shrugged. "Why not? He's my husband. I've seen it all." Well, almost everything. He always hid his feet from her. She didn't know why. They were perfect just like everything else of his. "I just never really thought about it."

"Huh... Well... Alright." He grunted, "Why are we talking about this?"

Rins lips twitched. "I haven't the slightest."

Ten minutes later, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru stepped into the room holding hands. Rin gasped at this and her eyes widened. She couldn't believe it. The siblings known to despise one another were actually touching each other- and not in a bad way.

Sesshomaru's eyes were sparkling and his smile was just as bright. If he remembered anything from his past revulsion would have been written on his countenance, and his eyes would be red. Instead, he looked... happy.

The second he laid eyes on Rin it was as if the sun was staring at her and Rin thought she felt a bit woozy. Calm down, she told herself, mentally. It's not that big of a deal. Your husband is smiling. Yes, it is a first for you, but you can handle it. Don't let it blind you.

She smiled softly at him when he approached her, then turned to Inuyasha. "What's going on?"

Inuyasha's cheeks enflamed and he quickly released his hold from Sesshomaru. The youkai lord didn't even realize this. He was focusing most (if not all) of his attention on Rin. He jumped up. "Rin! Rin! Guess what!"

She scrunched her lips together. "I give up. Tell me."

"I has a brudder!" he exclaimed, happily. "Father never told me anything about him-" He paused to lean in and whisper, "I'n sure it was because he was embarrassed."