Epilogue Part 2

Here's a second epilogue I think some of you may like. I apologize for not writing consistently, but I intend to do so again more frequently. Now that Inuyasha is getting a new series, I'm suddenly inspired again.

Two years passed since Rin and Sesshomaru visited Inuyasha's home. She had not expected to go so long without seeing them, but much had transpired since she and Sesshomaru went away for a time, traveling throughout the island for what seemed like eons. Until finally, they found a place from which they could call home.

So much had to be done with the abode. Why, first it had to be built! Together, they toiled, sometimes with hired workers Jaken found throughout their travels. They set up a foundation, erected columns that stood high above trees, and littered the place with rooms for various purposes. But none held more affection than one in particular, where the couple slept day and night, together and always.

Until it was no longer two. But three.

Nine months after Sesshomaru had turned into a child, they had given birth to a new InuYoukai. A noble, yet sweet hearted lord, who captured the hearts of all he encountered. His eyes were a pool of gold, with hair the color of wispy clouds. Upon his forehead, a crescent was centered, identical to that of his fathers. He was a handsome babe, though if any asked Rin her opinion, she often gushed about his cuteness. For at the top of his head stood two pink ears, resembling nothing short of a puppy.

She doted upon her child day and night, bestowing upon him all the love his father had been denied when he was child. And Sesshomaru was no idle hand in this, for he loved the child as deeply as she the moment he heard his heartbeat, fluttering beneath his mother's belly.

Now more than a year old, he was able to walk and even run, often toward his father, to his great amusement. More than enough time had passed, Rin believed, and he was quite capable of handling a trip to his family.

It took some coddling and pampering, but Sesshomaru eventually caved to Rin's desires, and they finally set off to visit her brother-in-law.

Rin was ecstatic. She could hardly contain her enthusiasm for the day. They flew together, atop Ah-Un's saddle. Jaken remained home, guarding the abode with his life. So the three sat close together; the baby on Rin's lap, playing with his mother's tousled strands, and Sesshomaru beside her, never once separating his warmth from her flesh.

Spring had arrived and with it the hues of rebirth. Pink, white and green littered the surface of the earth, moving through their vision in a blur of color. The baby had never been this far before. With reason, since he was far too young to travel like the couple used to. Yet he took it well, falling to sleep at times against the cool breeze. And waking with the sun's rays.

Finally, they came close to the village. Nostalgia swamped Rin and she nearly fell to pieces. Tears blurred her vision, as the village had not changed a bit since her last visit. Everything was the same, down to the last stone. They passed by the bone eater's well, this place the only location which had been somewhat altered, covered now with vines. But the village remained untouched by time, at least from up above.

When they arrived at Inuyasha's home, though high up in the sky, Rin looked down to see if anyone was there. She found Nagisa and Tomoya, who were now teenagers, sitting next to each other outside their front yard. They were helping Kagome with fish they most likely caught earlier, scraping away at the skin for the day's meal. Nagisa noticed the shadow hovering above them, and she looked up to see Rin waving down at her. She jumped with a gasp and cried, "Mom! Look!"

Kagome immediately turned to where her child pointed and at the sight of Rin, she beamed. Rin found herself smiling so hard, her cheeks hurt. Sesshomaru's lips twitched at the sight, and he whispered, "Calm down, my love."