Chapter 2

I own nothing.

***********

Jaken watched the little demon boy through yellow eyes. The green haired demon was on his back gazing up at the trees with a satisfied grin on his face. Jaken wanted to rip it off. The little bastard. He knew that when Sesshomaru returnedーand he would, Jaken had no doubt about thatーhe was most likely going to kill him for what he tried to do.

Jaken was outraged. How dare the little monster attack the Great Lord Sesshomaru? He must be insane! It was no matter that the green haired thing was just a boy. He looked ten, maybe eleven years old. He was more than old enough to know that no one fooled with a demon with a title. It was disrespectful and positively idiotic (In Jakens opinion). Unless the boy had a death wish, he shouldn't have attacked Master Sesshomaru.

Jaken crossed his arms over his chest. His staff of two heads sat on Ah-Uns back as the two headed demon grazed on the flowers and grass that were at his feet. He cleared his throat, swallowing the saliva that was stuck in his mouth and said in a derisive tone, "Child, you are going to die."

The boy lifted his head and spared a glance at Jaken before he rolled his eyes and threw his head back on the grass. "No, I won't."

Jaken laughed maniacally. "You will!" he shrilled. "Just watch. My lord will come and he will swipe you down with his sword in one fell swoop."

The boy placed his hands behind his head and chuckled. "I doubt that, toad. When your master returns he won't have any strength to stand, let alone lift his own sword."

Jaken scoffed. He did not believe him, of course. Nothing and no one could win against Sesshomaru and his mighty power. He'd surpassed his father in strength and mindーand everyone knew Sesshomarus father had been almost unbeatable.

The little runt would not get the best of his lord, Jaken knew. To think on the contrary included you to be placed in to the group of idiots Jaken liked to call: The dead fools killed by Lord Sesshomaru.

Jaken tried to skewer the child with his eyes. "You think too highly of yourself, boy. Watch when he comes."

The boys lips curled up. Oh, he just couldn't wait for the demon to return. His blood filled with anticipation and it raced through his veins causing his heart to palpitate rapidly.

He'd placed a spell over the great and mighty dog that would humble him to the point that he'd never doubt anyone's strength. By the end of this weekーwhich was when the spell would endーSesshomaru would have a new outlook on life. One that showed him you shouldn't take advantage of a child. Especially on one like Ikuto.

Ikuto was a strong demon, his blood line proved this. He was the son of two ancient demons so old that they had been present when God first created time. If one wanted to go into specifics, Ikuto would explain that his parents had been angels but disobeyed the Almighty and were thrown down to earth because of thisーbut that wasn't important. All anyone needed to know was that he was not a demon to be reckoned with.

He heard something approaching behind him and lifted himself to see what it was. When he caught sight of two formsーone large, holding onto the other that was about three and a half feet tallーIkuto grinned, revealing sharp canine teeth. "Your master's here!" Ikuto sang as he jumped onto his feet. He fixed up his black and grey kimono and pushed his hair back.

Jaken watched as Rin approached them and his brows knotted into a frown. Lord Sesshomaru was not with her. Instead, she was holding a white haired child that had no pants or shoes on. He wore a kimono that resembled Lord Sesshomarus, but Jaken ignored this fact. The white haired boy was not important. The fact that Rin was comforting him instead of her husband most definitely was!