Chapter 5

I DON'T OWN INUYASHA OR SESSHY. RUMIKO TAKAHASHI DOES.

XXXXXXX

No. I dont own Inuyasha.

Jaken couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was almost in denial; this scene was so off. Inuyasha and Lord Sesshomaru-his tiny, little, oddly adorable, master-were lifting plates and furniture, placing them in different parts of Inuyasha's house.

Lord Sesshomaru was so absorbed in this task that he was not even arguing or fighting with his half-brother. It didn't matter that he was a child at the moment. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru-correction, Lord Sesshomaru-hated each other. After all, Inuyasha was a half demon and Lord Sesshomaru hated humans-except for Rin, of course. He absolutely adored the girl, and Jaken knew this. How? Well, wasn't it obvious? Lord Sesshomaru married Rin. That said enough.

"Ah, milord?" Jaken muttered shakily. He'd left his staff of two heads atop Ah-Un's saddle outside, which left him feeling a bit bereft. His hands twisted and curled together in a nervous gesture.

Sesshomaru turned away from his task and glared at Jaken. Jaken didn't understand why. His lord did not know who he was. Why did he seem to be annoyed by him already?

"What do you want, toad?"

He said toad as if the noun were something vile. "I pray that you excuse me for saying this, but don't you think this is all beneath you, milord?"

Sesshomaru blinked. "What?"

"You are lord- I mean, you will be Lord of the West in a short time. It is belittling for a demon such as yourself to sleep in black and brown rags-" which the little Lord was currently wearing "-cleaning a half breeds house."

Next to Jaken, Inuyasha snorted, but Sesshomaru continued to stare at him without blinking. Jaken began to sweat; his masters' gaze was hard and unrelenting.

"Mi-milord?" he stammered.

Sesshomaru lifted his nose in the air. He may have been years younger, but the strong aristocratic air that permeated whatever place he stood in, still filled the room. "Jaken," he began in a surprisingly clear voice for a demon in his prepubescent stage, "you call me your Lord, but I don't knows who you are. Lady Rin told me I has to be nice to you because you're her companion, and I shall do this for her. Only for her. But I won't have you calling my brudder a half breed." He pointed at himself with his thumb. "Only I can do that. Do you understand me?"

Jaken nodded. "Ay, milord. It is only that I believe you are better than this."

Sesshomaru agreed most adamantly, but still. "Jaken, Rin and I are staying at my half brudders' home. He may be of a lower status than I, but it is only right that I offer my services to him when I am eating his food and sleeping in his beds."

Instead of ending this conversation, Jaken continued on as if he hadn't noticed that his Lords' golden eyes were beginning to snap like fire. "But, milord, you are a guest."

"I am his brudder," he said. "Because he took me in, I will respect him, and his wishes, until I leave. Do you unnerstand me, toad?"

Jaken turned a unique shade of red against his green skin. "A-ay, milord."

Sesshomaru nodded, looking somewhat pleased, then bent down to lift a white, porcelain box over his head and stared at Inuyasha. "Where do you want me to put this, brudder?" he asked in a tone completely different from the one he'd used with Jaken. Almost obsequious-but not, because Sesshomaru would never look like a servant. Even if he had a mop on one hand and a broom in the other.

Inuyasha scrunched his lips together as he held in the compulsion to laugh. Even at this age Sesshomaru could make Jaken seem smaller than he really was.