Chapter 3

I DONT OWN INUYASHA. THIS IS JUST A FANFIC BY SOMEONE WHO IS BORED...

Silence thickened the area, filling it with an undercurrent of shock and awe. The sun had just begun to set, covering the sky with a flowery orange and pink hue, and the village was growing quieter by the second, as night steadily approached.

"I can't believe this," Inuyasha whispered, shaking his head. "How did this happen? When? Who did it? And, more importantly," he added, "how the hell did this happen?!

Rin rubbed the nape of her neck and smiled sheepishly. Sesshomaru squirmed beneath her as he stared up at Inuyasha. The hanyou's voice grew sharper with each question he asked. She rubbed his shoulder and gently squeezed it.

She couldn't exactly tell Inuyasha who had bested Sesshomaru. He wouldn't let his brother live it down once he returned, and then that would cause Sesshomaru to get angry. And Rin did not like it when Sesshomaru was angry. He did bad, bad things when he was in that state.

Rin ran a hand over her face. "It... It doesn't matter who did it," she told him.

Inuyasha snorted. "Like hell, it doesn't." He gestured with a finger toward Sesshomaru who was staring at Inuyasha wide eyed. "You know how much of a blow this must be to his pride. I'm sure he wants to kill whoever did this to him."

"I told you," Ikuto said from behind Rin.

She gave him a dark look, clearly telling him to be silent. He lifted his nose, crossed his arms over his chest and humphed. His grey eyes whirled beneath his gaze and flashed like lightning.

Suddenly, Rin wanted to slap him. So. Very. Badly. Calm yourself, Rin. He is just a boy. She forced herself to turn away from the child, and faced Inuyasha. He watched Ikuto curiously now, with his head cocked to the side. "Who's that?"

"Ikuto." Rin waved her hand. "Look, Inuyasha, I came here to ask if we could stay here for a while."

He nodded his head. His features softened somewhat and he smiled. "Sure. You can stay as long as you like." His gaze then focused on Sesshomaru and he watched his half brother as he tried to move deeper into Rin. Inuyasha arched a brow. Was Sesshomaru afraid of him? "You alright there, Sessh?"

Sesshomaru's brow puckered adorably and he frowned. "My name is Sesshomaru," he said, lifting his nose.

Inuyasha rolled his eyes. He leaned against the wooden door frame of his hut and crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah, I know."

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes. The gold in them sharpened to a color as bright as fire and they cackled with annoyance. "Then don't give me a nick name. You are not my friend. You has no right to do that."

He acts like he doesn't even know who I am, Inuyasha thought as his lips formed a tight line. And what's with the lisp? "Cut the crap, Sesshomaru. Don't act like an ass now-"

"Inuyasha!" Rin gasped, quickly covering her husbands elfin ears with her hands. "Don't curse in front of him."

He eyed her rather dubiously. "I know he doesn't talk much but I'm sure he says a few curses in front of you." After all, Sesshomaru was not-and never would be-a saint.

Rin shook her head. Her hair whipped from side to side, slapping her face. "It's not that," she whispered. "He doesn't know who I am. In fact, he doesn't remember any of us. Not even you."

Inuyasha's jaw slackened and his arms fell at his sides. Color bleached from his face and he stammered. "W-what?"

"He doesn't remember us."