50. I can explain.

AMELIA’S POV

        It was early Monday morning when I emerged from my bedroom wearing an oversized hoody and underneath it a sports bra and mesh shorts.  I wanted to go to the university early today because it has been difficult to meet with Adrian in person since we came back for Mia’s gender reveal party.

       The weekend was so laid back and relaxed that I completed all of my works and scheduled my calendar for more.  I didn’t know if it was the sex or Zach himself making me feel as though I could achieve everything in world but the thought was freeing.  I heard a person’s opinion towards sex could change once they done it and I was not an exception.

       I wanted to do it again but Zach refused to hurt me if I was already sore.  But I liked being know that I had sex with him every time I sit down.  It felt so sensual to be able to feel him after days.  But we did other thigs so I let it go.

        Making myself a sandwich, I ate it silently when the coffee brewed. 

        “Do you want breakfast?  I am making one.”  A voice behind me called.

       I was startled enough to let a piece of lettuce fall on the floor.  I thought I was the only one awake this early.  I spun around to see Nick milling around the living room before making his way towards the kitchen.

       “What the hell are you doing this early?”  I asked flabbergasted.

       “Have an old case to follow up for my internship.   My senior associate asked me to do a relevant case search for a pro bono case he is taking up.  I tried to do it this weekend but you know me, I am a last-minute miracle worker so woke up early to complete it before attending my classes.”  He said while taking out a cheese pack and milk carton.  He gestured towards the coffee machine and took out his mug from the counter and handed it over to me for filling his up.

       I took it out from his hand and went about preparing his coffee in his mug and mine in my go to cup for me to drink while I walk to the Uni.  “Wow, talk about being generous.  So, your firm takes many pro bono cases?  Because I saw you doing a one when you started doing your internship.”  I ask.

         “I don’t think so, you know how those cases are, but I like doing the researches for the case possibilities to win and the associates recommend me and I don’t mind doing it.  So, want the mac and cheese.”  He asks while taking out a pan and heating it on the stove.

        I just completed both of our coffees and stopped short by his question.  “I don’t like mac and cheese very much.”  I said and there was immediate clutter behind me and I turned to see the spatula he was using was on the floor.  “Shh.  People are sleeping.”  I whispered and cleaned the spatula on the running water.  I gave it back to him but he kept on looking at me weird.  “What?”  I snapped when it got extreme. 

       He slowed the burn on the stove before turning to me.  “Are you serious right now?  Who doesn’t like mac and cheese?”  He asked like me like he can’t understand my intentions.

       “Me apparently.  What’s the big deal?”  I asked when he stared at me incredulously.

        “Oh my god, please don’t tell anyone you are my friend.”  He said and resumed working on his food.

        “Oh, don’t be so dramatic.  I just kind of don’t like it sometime, it depends on my mood.”  I said and ate up rest of my sandwich.

        “I have to tell Zach about this immediately, I don’t think he want to date someone who has horrible food tastes.”  He said and turned his back to me.