14. Six Feet Under

My eyelids felt as heavy as a brick.  I slowly pry opened my eyes as sunlight directly shone in my eyes.  I closed them as fast as I can and scolded myself for not closing the blinds the day before.  But I always close them.

     My body was weirdly comfortable in a very soft mattress but all I can smell is strong cologne which definitely is not mine.  All the things happened yesterday came rushing to my mind.  I quickly sat up on the bed and groaned because of the damn headache.  Placing both of my hands on my head tightly I took in my surroundings.

     I was in a bed in the middle of the room and directly in front of me was a big window with a view of trees dancing because of the light wind.  To my right was a desk and a shelf, and to my left was a closet and a door.  It was pretty spacious for a frat house.  Frat house?

      My gaze immediately fell on my own body and widened with possible memory loss of what happened the day before.  I was in a guy’s t-shirt and surprisingly had my underwear on.  I don’t know what happened yesterday.  Did I have sex?  I squeezed my thighs together and I didn’t feel sore.  I guess I won’t even know even if I had sex.

      The last memory I had was someone pulling me off the table to stop my further embarrassment.  OH MY GOD!  I fucking stripped in front of bunch of drunk college students.  What would my dad think about me if he knew what I was doing here?  Oh no.  Good thing someone stopped me before I got completely naked.  But who was it?  I sat cross legged on the bed and threw the covers off of me and was contemplating on reaching the door to leave to my dorm, when the door flew open. 

     Suddenly I was staring at the pale blue eyes which I saw last night just before passing out.  It was him. Oh, thank the lord.

      “Adrian?”  I spoke groaning loudly as my head did a split internally.

     “You are awake finally.  Come on drink this up.”  He said while handing me a glass of water and Advil.  I had a weird sense of déjà vu.  The scenes from the hospital unfolded in front of my eyes.

     I gratefully swallowed the tablet and drank the whole glass of water.

     “That was a show you put on yesterday.”  He said clearly amused.

     “Ugh.  Don’t even remind me, I had pretty much in took half of the alcohol you had here.”   He chuckled at my statement and sat on a chair on his desk which was facing the bed and opened a can of beer which was in his hand and took a sip.  “So how bad was I last night.”  I said hiding my embarrassment.

     He rose his eyebrows at my statement and I realized how it came out but he spoke anyways, “Not that bad for an amateur, I guess”.  It was my turn to raise my eyebrows.  He does know I am an amateur but I let it slip.

     “So, where did you sleep last night?”  I asked sheepishly because I was so curious that my brain won’t function until its question is answered.

     He shrugged and took a huge gulp from his beer and pointed next his index finger next to me.  My eyes widened at his gesture.  He slept next to me.  Something did happen that was why I was in his t-shirt.  I suddenly felt conscious of my attire because of sitting cross-legged on the bed without any sheets to cover my naked thighs but he did not even once look at my legs.  But I still took a pillow from behind me one the bed and smoothly covered my legs and looked at him.  He chuckled and gulped the beer in his mouth before speaking.

     “I slept on the floor.  Don’t worry, I don’t take advantage of drunken girls.”  He said.  I leaned forward to the side where he pointed and indeed there was a pile of crumpled blanked on the floor.  I flushed and my cheeks tingled because of the blood flow.